Is anybody out there?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by karlas, Aug 9, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oside

oside Astrea Snail

#1- 10 gal w/ billions of malaysian trumpet snails & 2 Bumblebee gobies.

[​IMG]

#2 - 30 gal planted tank, neon tetras, 2 dwarf puffers, 3 otocinclus, & 3 mystery snails (pic taken first day of planting)

[​IMG]

#3 - 54 gal w/ 1 Oscar, 1 jack, 1 bala, & a pleco.

[​IMG]

#4 - 55 gal w/ 1 angel, 3 cory cats, otocinclus, bloodheart tetras, dwarf puffer, & a black knife ghost fish.

[​IMG]

Edited to add pics

2. Click Here!

3. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    can you get a pic sharkbait

4. GINNY

GINNY Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Freshwater

HI KARLAS I have 100gl freshwater tank . I have had it for over 10 years . love freshwater , over the years i have tride lots of this to make my tank the best of the best ! have over 60 fish in it now .
    :)

5. pcola

pcola Plankton

Ginny,

I also have a 100gal freshwater tank. I have relocated to Jacksonville, FL where the water is really different (hard). They require water softeners here. I was't used to that and have learned the hard way. 2 cycles of fish have bit the dust. I have brown algae that is trying to take over the tank. I am really frustrated as this is the second or third time this has happened. I never had this problem in Pensacola. The brown algae is rapidly growing. I have thought about selling it and using the money to buy a saltwater setup. The only problem is that I want it to be as even trade as possible without losing to much size.
    I plan on doing a monster cleaning this weekend so I guess I will see how long it will last. I have my lights on a timer producing 10 hours of light. I HAD about 16 ciclids, 2 catfish, 3 tiger barbs and 2 algae eaters. Only 2 ciclids have survived. Lava rock and slate mix. Any tips are appreciated.

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

i have a 20 gal tank lol....but its not so nice...i will clean it and take a pic

7. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

I'm getting ready to start a 20g FW planted tank with cardinals and rams for my son. 35 years ago I had a Discus and Angel tank with a breeding pair of Angels. About 10 yrs ago we messed around with African Ciclids.

8. Click Here!

9. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I've had everything from African rift tanks to tropicals to cichlids. (Rams, severums, green terrors, fire mouths and all sorts of exotic plecos and Synodontis cats!!!!

10. GINNY

I haver never had s algae problems with my tank . I ues UV and it is fantastic !! It kill all the algae . I have live plants ,my lights are no for no more then 7 hours at a time and my plants are growing out of my tank with the help of CO2 . I to have hard water .

11. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

From 1984 to 1994, I had a 75 gallon tank. For many of those years I had Convict cichlids -- both pink and striped. A couple of times, a pink and a striped mated and produced a lovely brood. When I crossbred these, I got results just like the genetics would predict: 1/4 pink, 1/4 striped, and 1/2 mixed color!

12. GINNY

Pix

If you go to the photo on auqeraium u can see mt freshwater tank:jester: :jester: