Is anybody out there?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by karlas, Aug 9, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

Try a guppy and see if he'll eat it .

2. Click Here!

3. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

back in college we had a couple oscars that just got enormous. they started out small, but after a few yrs they got huge. no one ever really paid that much attn to the tank. those fish could live through anything.

4. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

dx7fd2

since he eats the dried tubifex worms have you tried the dried shimp, bloodworms, or krill? most lfs sell them they are freezedried like the tubifex.

5. sharkbait42

sharkbait42 Plankton

i've got a 40 gallon freshwater tank mainly fish but a couple of live plants. I started out with a 20 gallon freshwater community tank of different types of tetras. Then the whole shark thing set in and I had to get a bigger tank for the bigger more aggressive fish that I wanted. I like freshwater fish but i'm still scheming to get that 100 plus gallon saltwater coral tank. All I need is the space and the money! LOL

As for the plant question, I would start out with at least 3 watts per gallon lighting and see how they grow. Then, if they aren't doing so well then try the CO2. Also the fish love plants and they both help each other with the fish producing CO2 and nitrates and the plants producing O2.

6. Trogdor

Trogdor Plankton

i have a 60g with a Red Devil in it. It was a planted aquarium for about a day....thats how long it took the devil to destroy all the plants. I use to have a Jack Dempsey in there with him too, until the devil almost killed my dempsey. The only things that he tolerates are the two Pictus Catfish that i have in with him. He use to be so nice when he was little....oh well.

7. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    i have a 75 fresh rainbow tank that is literally no maintance. spe.= 3 goyder river rainbows, 2 red rains, 3 celebs rians, 4 turquois rains, 2 bosemani rains, 2 yellow rains, 2 dwarf rains, cardinal tetras, albimo glo-lights, serpaes, 3 african cats, 2 whiptail plecos, 5 corys, 2crabs (m.i.a.), harlequin tetras and 2 maybe 3 half beaks.lol

8. Click Here!

9. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    ohhh all live plants and driftwood and shhhhh.... (duckweed!!!) shhhh......

10. woowoodengy

woowoodengy Astrea Snail

hey there it musy be freshwater

11. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Yup! We have a Freshwater section (cause lots of us have freshies in addition to the salties!) I have a betta bowl and a 2.5 gallon tetra tank! ::)

12. sharkbait42

sharkbait42 Plankton

Hey Mushroom! You should try a couple of Madagascar Rainbows! I had a few of them a while ago and they get beautiful and not very large! They will work well with your others also because they mainly stay at the top of the tank.