Is anybody out there?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by karlas, Aug 9, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

ooo greshem that would have been really nasty

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

I have two oscars one albino white one tiger black man are they gettin big just tonight I gave them 10 small guppies gone already but I'll feed them anything they are hungry all the time!!!!!

4. Gaspare

Gaspare Astrea Snail

I had oscars once, I found that my fish really liked to eat beef heart strips. When you compare the price it is alot cheeper then live fish. I also feel kind a bad for the guppies

5. Pipe_Organ

Pipe_Organ Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have a friend who has just started a fresh water aq. I turned she and her husband on to The Forum but she's also 8mo.s pregnant{issues} so I'm acting as a liaison. She has a 75gal and wants a mostly plant aq. Does she need a CO? or if she keeps her fish load down can she do without?

1 person likes this.
  6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

A high fish load will actually help the plants.
    My plants started to look real good when I started to feed my fish twice a day.

I no longer use C02. I used a home-made reactor. I don't think I diffused it well enough so I didn't see much difference. Plants are fine still. I am sure it depends on what plants you want, mine are low-light, easy to deal with.

7. Pipe_Organ

Pipe_Organ Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Thanks Matt, I'll pass the info. along...Is it fairly easy to build a co 2

8. Click Here!

9. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

my oscar really like nightcrawlers and crayfish. also i went from guppies to goldfish but then went to minnows. you can get them a dozen for like 1.00-1.50. i had a 5 gall tank set up to keep them in. they werent in there very long since he ate so much and he grew like a weed.

10. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

I've got a 20 hex with a pair of Congo tetras, a pair of albino Corys cats, and some Amano shrimp. As far as plants go I have Java fern, Vallisneria, and amazon sword plant. My lighting is a 3 year old 14 watt flourescent bulb and yes my plants do live and grow, but the tank is sitting at the window. My filtration is a Whisper hang on from Wal-mart. With my reef around my freshy is just sort of my red headed step child tank. It hardly gets looked at.

11. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

when i was running a brackish tank for about a year that was the only planted tank i ever had but it was just a few java ferns. they are very easy to take care of or seem like it. they will live in fresh or brackish water very well.

12. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

Any thoughts on a picky eating Jack Dempsey?

I've got this 8" Jack, (Ares), that is really a finicky eater. I'm kind of leary of feeding him live stuff 'cause I don't want to screw up his tank and as of right now he would be the only one eating anything like that. He loves tubifex worms, won't eat any flake or pellets, but recently seems to have taken to the dried plankton. :)

I am not sure if this is balanced enough for him. He is 5 years old and looks gorgeous, but I still worry. [smiley=anxious.gif]

He's like an old buddy, he and his little brother a Kribensis that I keep in a 5gal nearby.