Instant Ocean " Natural Nitrate Reducer"

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Barnes757, Aug 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Barnes757

Barnes757 Plankton

Does this stuff actually help at all? I am recovering from my overload of my tank, I have done several water changes and the nitrate seems to be holding steady at 15-20 ppm. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this product...

2. Click Here!

3. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

Have you tried a De-nitrate coil? Its much more natural then adding something "natural" I love my coil!

4. Barnes757

Barnes757 Plankton

I will have to check that out,
    thanks

5. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Well, did some research for you and found this; Natural Nitrate Reducer from Instant Ocean aims to deliver fluid form of Solid Vodka Dosing via Suspended Biodegradable Polymers | Facebook The science behind seems sound.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Don't know about the quality of the product. Have you cleaned off all of your rock to remove detritus, vacuumed the sand, thoroughly cleaned all equipment and sump and fuge? Also consider getting a fuge if you do not have one and run macro algae in it.

7. dkpnmn

dkpnmn Astrea Snail

When I started years ago there was this irritating old dude who ran a local Fish Store we shopped. Over the first year I had many trials battling all kinds of Algae and Cynao. I kept coming in hoping he would tell me my research of the latest and greatest bottled cure would save the day. All he would tell me was to change some water, wait a week, and repeat. Years later I know he was right. In a nutshell, make sure your flow has little to no dead spots, blow off your rocks from time to time, and change at least 10% of your water once a week. Now that you know how to avoid the overloads, you will recover, and your tank will be healthy. Just my 2 Cents! Good Luck.