instant ocean, good or bad salt

Discussion in 'Salt' started by powerpoint, Feb 22, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I think IO is great. I normally use it. I bought some Seachem Reef Salt just recently b/c my LFS was out of the 90 gallon buckets of IO. Big mistake, the stuff does not mix well, especially in cold water (Which my RO water is before I heat it up). I am probably going to trash the rest of the bucket of reef salt and go get some IO. IO has been around for ever, and it is proven stuff. Plus they use it for all of the tanks at the GA aquarium here in Atlanta.

2. Click Here!

3. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

*this is just another opinion*

i use tropic marin pro, i've noticed since i started using this salt that i haven't had to dose anything....even my calcium hits above the 400 mark. it dissolves quickly and allows me to save time when conducting water changes. it is more expensive then some other salt mixes but when not having to buy other supplements, i think the price evens out. hth.

4. powdertang05

powdertang05 Fire Worm

ive used IO and that worked ok not that fantastic good for fish only and then did 3 buckets of crystal reef IO every bucket had dirt at the bottom of every water change i did and slow disolving. I have been using oceanic for the past 2 buckets always clear and always keep my calcium up at 420 and KH 10 and less salt creep then with IO. also have goin through 2 50 gal bags of pacific coast import salt now thats bad salt so in PH and trace elements and calcium. used coralife thats bad salt alone with red sea now thats worst of all. really it what you like and think works no salt is really that much better they are all made the same with all the same elements. i will just stay with oceanic

5. Jagsy

Jagsy Plankton

Well I used oceanic for just about 8 months, lots of salt creep and my PH never quite did well. I switched to Instant Ocean as I found alot of the Major retailers, experts say its the best all around mix. Since using it about 4 months ago, I have no cyano problems, not much salt creep and all my corals are definatley flourishing better. I don't think I will ever change.