Installing my CA reactor... good bye 2part!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Thatgrimguy, Jun 15, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Congrats, having solutions of Ca and Alk is good since they don't get used in a perfect ration in most if not all systems. Makes for very easy corrections.

2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I am glad I decided to just rearrange and keep my dosing bottles and dosing equipment hooked up. I can easily tell my apex to run cal or alk at any time to realign my numbers. I still have a TON of leftover 2 part anyhow.. probably half a 5g dry bucket of each lol.

I know it must be my imagination... but I swear it seems like I can actually see stuff growing... I'm getting so much growth right now it's unreal. Anything that has been in my tank for longer than a couple months is going nuts. (it seems to take me about 90 days before new adds are ready to grow.. but once they do... THEY DO!)

4. threephase37

threephase37 Fire Worm

congrats grim !!!!!!!!!!! I'm fixing to go through the start up battle myself as I'm letting it run overnight without co2.... introducing co2 in the morning. The ml/min drip wasnt going to work for me so I converted it into ounces, something I can measure and make sense of. I'll check back on this thread to see if you finally got yours dialed in and can enjoy the automation !!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

The alk has slipped over the last 2 days. Like 2 dkh. So I am dropping the ph by .1 on both sides and slowing the effluent a touch.

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Good luck Grim!!8)

1 person likes this.
  7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I figured out my issue with my alk... The peristaltic pump is going into error mode and stopping dosing... It's happened a few times. I have an email into the company about how to solve the issue. In the meantime I'm going to watch closely and just use my 2 part to compensate.

Really happy I kept all my dosing equipment readily available and hooked up.

8. Click Here!

9. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Update: My peristaltic pump is broken. Something is wrong with the pump it's self. the computer and head are fine and I have located a replacement on ebay. Until then my reactor is back down... I also have a ton of air bubbles in the Geo 818 that I guess is from the recirculating pump.

Who ever says this is easier than dosing pumps is crazy....

10. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I got the replacement pump in and am testing now! I hope to have my reactor back online by tonight!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Ok, new pump is working great and the unit is officially back online! Hopefully I can get it stable and finally enjoy some stability.

12. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Congrats!! Hope everything works going forward. :)