Installing my CA reactor... good bye 2part!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Thatgrimguy, Jun 15, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Lots of trial and error so far. Lots of leaked water.... but now I think I have it flowing and going as far as the pump and the unit. The pump I have... I vastly underestimated. I put way too much pressure through it at first. Leak. Then didn't put tape on a thread piece... leak. Got it all fixed up though and am letting it run!

I need to find one of these. Where can I get one on a Sunday? I got one with the regulator, but none with the co2 tank. I think that's my issue there.
    [​IMG]

Do you use teflon tape on the regulator fitting?

Anyhow, this is the rest of the setup. Take note, that's not a 5 gal bucket, it's the large salt bucket, lol. Took SOOO much media to fill up, 25lbs of media! Crazy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hooking up the co2 when I get that piece and it's had time for the bubbles to run out.

4. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Ok, woke up this morning... and....

Still no leaks!!!! I guess everything is go for now but the Co2!! Just need to find that piece. I have a feeling I'll have to wait till tomorrow when the place I swap the tank is open.

5. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

.....and I thought I was getting technical by adding an ATO-lol-NOT!

6. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

That piece screws inside the hole in the regulator and it fits in a same size small hole inside the co2 tank. No idea what it is. But I'm leaking blowing air out of the connection.

Here is that piece and the regulator's fitting.
    [​IMG]

Here is it with that piece installed.
    [​IMG]

And here is the bottle's connection. That piece also fits perfectly in this connection. (but it came with the regulator)
    [​IMG]

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Figured it out... I'm lucky I didn't ruin the regulator.. I had it open... not closed and could have blown the guage!! working now as expected!!

8. Click Here!

9. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I have to go do father's day stuff. I'll probably wait till either tonight or even tomorrow night to actually hook up the co2. I want to have plenty of time to observe what's going on and adjust.

Bleed test looks successful!!

10. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

Cool keep up the great work can't wait to see it all hooked up and done :)

11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

There are still a few small bubbles at the top of the reactor.. Should I worry about this, or should I just go ahead and hook the co2 up?

12. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

We're glad to hear that you got the issues resolved, and that you didn't blow the safety on your regulator! The small bubbles at the top of the reactor are completely normal with new setups so they will go away over time. You should have no issues feeding your new reactor with CO2.

Dan