Installed my Dosing Pump Today!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Todd_Sails, Sep 30, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

PS, I have my resevoirs on the floor- Ca and Mg in a 5/6gallon cuket with loose fitting lid on it,
    and the Mg in a 1 gallon BRS container- formerly used container for MgCl.
    Im re-purposing, reusing.

I have the pump/controller on a small shelf behind my sump, under my basement stairwell about 3'6" off the ground,

and then it goes up and over my sumps wall (my former 125g DT)- at about 5 ft high.

It pulls the liquids up, and this is where I calibrated the pump heads using the directions I copied from the Champion Lighting and supply website- heard about them reading some reviews.
    It also came with a spare pump head assembly too!- Hope I don't need it.

So resevoirs- up to pump contoller- up and over top of sump. at least 5 total feet of head height, all thru the 1/4" OD poly tubing. It self primed itself by manually pumping, and stays primed.
    Thus far no siphons, etc. Works like I need it to.

OH yeah- Ithas it's own small power source for the time and date also!
    I plugged it in, and it was nearly a day ahead, just like China is on their date/time.
    Easy to reset too.
    All in all, It's been really nice not having to mix my Kalwasser drip that I"ve been religious about for at least 3 years!

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Well, I was having trouble with my DP-3 back siphoning from the third head, and being that it came from China and knowing about their customer service, I decided to do whatever it took to fix it on my own. I just thought it was funny how the company who is known to provide pretty decent copies of more expensive items, got the rollers backwards.

Todd_Sails likes this.
  4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Oh Va, like I said, thanks for you link to that excellent thread on the subject of these dosing pump heads- those are excellent pics in that thread.
    I was just happy to not have had to take mine apart myself just to get a new item to work properly, as you had to do.
    Agreed on the factories quality control of assembly.
    Knock on wood- I"ve been pretty happy with their products thus far- especially for the prices.
    I'm currently using a DC12000 for my return, and another one for my ATS.
    At least 2x WP40's and lights LEDs that may or may not have been made in the same factory, but from Red China- so is my wife btw!

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I just didn't want to wait 3 weeks for shipping each way and pay more than the pump was worth. Lol

Not knocking them, I have a wp25 alongside my mp10 and I love them both.

Here's to long life...of our products hahaha

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Well, 17th day with the new dosing pumps.

MY Alk has creeped up to over 10! and I just did a 40g WC the day before- that only mixes it to about 7 or 8 with the Kent mix.

So far, things have been stable= without daily filling my jug and mixing a hypersaturated mix of Kalwasser and dripping per day.
    Now the dosing is automated. I even pulled the power cord out on purpose today/plugged it back in-
    checked the dosing pumps controller- all there still, no worries.

I made some slight adjustments in the dose per interval on the Alk(Baking soda mix per RHF- article on homemade 2 parts),
    and slightly raised the CA by adding another small dosing interval.

This Jebeo DP4 certainly has made things a bit, no, a LOT easier.

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

good news Todd! I wish I could DIY things in this hobby - you are the master!

8. Click Here!

9. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Well, Everything has been fine, coral look good,

except- checking my alk- it's up over 11 now! I tried to back it off some by reducing the ml's per dose some a few days ago, so far it just stayed at 11 for several days. I'll try backing it off a little more and check in a few days again.
    Still loving the dosing pump though- with it's ease of adjustment, and virtually hands off dosing, etc.

10. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Todd,
    I bought one of the Jebao pumps over the summer. so far it has done a great job. with the exception of my skimmer, all water movement in my tank is jebao. been working great for years.

hate to read you are fighting some darkness in your life. We lost my brother in law 3 years ago to it and my mother has had her issues as well being in and out of treatment this past summer. See your Dr man. get some help if you feel it is closing in on you. Love yoru reef Friends because we love you man.

Your transplanted Texan Brother,

11. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Wow, Thanks- just saw this post now.

I'm still having woes- AND job problems- as in looking for one again. Long story- I was screwed.

But, I'm happy to say that my DP4 dosing pump is working flawlessly.
    I just keep the 3 solutions (alk,mg,ca) with ample supply every few weeks.
    Not much more tweaking on the seperate pumps.

Yesterdays params;
    Mg 1410
    ca 460
    Alk 9

12. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Swisswish :

Did you happen to do the mod for the pump?