Innovative Marine's Nuvo Nano 16 Video

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I suppose yo could do that. But if you want this as your sup, why not just buy a standard 10g tank (or 20g long or even a 15g. lol) and silicone in some baffles? It is really easy and would be much cheaper. I run a 10g sump on my 29g tank.

Currently, these are not available for sale separate from the lights. Your fuge light doesn't need to be fancy (most people use a 6500 Kelvin clf bulb in a Walmart special clam-on reflector).

But I do think the IM tanks look very nice as reef tanks. :)

http://www.marinedepot.com/Innovati...Kits-Innovative_Marine-0I10213-FIAQCK-vi.html

I can't wait to see that. ;D

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

4. Seano Hermano

Thanks for the PDF, SnookRedz.

Tobi_dawg was asking about using the Nuvo 16 as a sump for his 46g bow-front tank.

5. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

yeah i know, just thought it was kinda cool how it had one built in lol.

I think you could, just have the return pump go back to your tank... I would suggest getting a ball/gate valve so you could tone it back a bit, you dont want too much flow in a fuge.

but im not even sure the MSRP on these badboys, they look like a pricey product from the craftmanship and innovativeness. but i could be mistaken. If be it might be easier getting a 10 gallon tank from wally world for 15 bux... but that def wouldnt be 1/2 as cool tho ;)

6. Seano Hermano

The Nuvo 16 retails for $355. :)

7. tobi_dawg

tobi_dawg Plankton

The reason is my stand has a glass door in the middle, about 12 x 12 inches in size. I'm thinking of putting the fuge there on a small stand so its elevated off the ground. Then it is visible and can be enjoyed. (HOB's are a shame in that aspect I think!). Also by running the lights at night, it serves as a night light in that area of our living room. Recently multiple nightly trips have been the order here due to having a six month old boy!

I agree the 10gal is cheaper. I do have some room to put that in the back of the stand between the stand and the wall. However, there is a air vent right on the floor there, and I'm worried about fluctuating temperatures. We live in MN, so a/c in the summer, and heat in the winter is the norm.

3rd option is to simply use a HOB fuge, such as the one by CPR, with the protein skimmer built in. That would hit two birds with one stone, but I'm worried again about the air vent being there, but being 4 ft off the floor, should be less of a worry then being 1 foot off such as the 10gal would be. Also, worried about the stress of the weight of a HOB fuge. CPR's largest size is about 6 gals I believe in volume. With a combo skimmer/fuge, also, I'd be SOL if one part craps out on me.

So many ideas and options!!

8. Click Here!

9. Undertaking125

Undertaking125 Astrea Snail

On it's way!

I ordered mine last week, it will arrive at my door this week! I can't wait to get started on this beauty!

If you search around you can find it priced less than $300