Individual tank pic and specs all in one thread chat page

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by cuttingras, Oct 19, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

My anniv. is also in Jan. and we will be joined at the ankles for 15 yrs....lol Great looking kids Hackem688, god bless them all. With 6 kids, Im surprised that you even have water in the tank....lol Luna

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

yep kinda like to keep it more organized that way it would be easier to look through. you can update or change your post when needed.

4. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

Well very home has its rules no hitting not steeling not touching daddies fish tank.

5. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

15 years that’s the mark of a real man. Most of all I am a man of my word and very stubborn so I never give up on my family. We lived through the worst and as a result of that commitment we are indestructible as a couple I imagine your situation must be similar.

A toast to your 15 and my 14 year Anniversary.

6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Hey mission .. In your tank post you said you have a bubble algae problem. Have you considered an emerald crab? I'm not sure if he'll eat your other stuff , but he's suppose to be good at eating that stuff. I have one live rock that I added to seed my others with coraline. It's the only rock I have with green on it and he has licked that rock almost clean of the green stuff. He's a survivor too. He has been in there the whole cycle. hehe

7. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

Mine is not worthy to post yet Gras but very soon when I get the upgrade going. MOOOOOahahahahahaha the evil genius will have a goodie soon. LOL oh and happy pre anniversary to you guys. It seems like its rare these days for someone to make it that long. I am 4 years into mine and still going strong. Have great family here most of the time. LOL

8. Click Here!

9. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I have tried an emerald crab. The type of bubble algae that I have is different than valonia. It's called sea pearl. Basically the same but, the bubbles just grow larger and sporadic. Not in large colonies like valonia that stays small. I think emeralds have a better taste for valonia. I've never had success using them.

Ventricaria ventricosa is the most infamous of the bunch. It bears a single, fluid-filled, and nearly spherical bladder of a thallus (or 'body'). To say that the bladder or vesicle is 'single' simply means it does not branch off 'daughter' bladders; each and every bladder has its own anchorage on the substrate. The bladders, which are single cells each, can grow to nearly 2 inches in diameter, and can appear to have a curious sheen, especially when underwater, that can almost conceal its dark green color. The optical effect derives from the parallel arrangement of cellulose micro-fibrils in the vesicle's wall, and the near-crystalline state of the cellulose, similar to the same way that 'star' and 'cat's-eye' gemstones create their chatoyant sheen. The cell wall's toughness, smoothness, and the sheer size of the bladder, discourage many grazing herbivores from obtaining suitable purchase. Its anchorage to substrate can be surprisingly strong. The species is found around the Indian Ocean into the Pacific, as far east as the Samoas and as far south as Australia, as well as throughout the Caribbean. It is notorious for its tolerance of very low light levels.

'Bubble' Alage: Selected Descriptions, Controls and Comments by Horge Cortes-Jorge, Jr. - Reefkeeping.com

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  10. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

Well you can’t make it there without being were your at and 4 is nice but at 10 your over the hill so I thought the nightmare hit at 12 years but with that out of the way I do feel invincible. By the way it was drugs that almost destroyed us hope you don’t have to live trough that one .

11. cuttingras

will be 26 years for us in April....what does that make us? dinosaurs? LOL Congrats you guys!

12. cuttingras

I can't wait till we get it up and running and no I'm not rushing you!;D