Impressive Par 38 led spotlight setups

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by EC-LED, Sep 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Broaner

Broaner Feather Duster

Great tanks.

That said, I do feel that clean tidy lighting is nearly as important as whats between the panes. This whole hobby is keenly focused on visual impact. The whole package needs to look crisp, concise and well executed IMO.

2. Click Here!

3. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Thanks EC-LED. Also, what is an "AM" LED? Is that amber?

4. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

I do agree to a point, however if the corals are thriving and colorful enough, the other things become far less distracting. I have grown tired of cool looking tanks with weak livestock. That may just be me. but I am primarily attracted to the beauty of the inhabitants. The equipment housing them is secondary. However I will absolutely pay a lot of attention to equipment if there is nothing in the tank to divert my interest.

5. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

This is very true IMO. I can't wait to get my tank stocked full, it drives me nuts have a few basic frags and a diatom problem. I'm working on fixing it though ;)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

6. EC-LED

EC-LED 3reef Sponsor

Yes It's amber.

7. EC-LED

EC-LED 3reef Sponsor

Let's see different led color combinations & different effects.

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

These pics are awesome! i have some nanotuners par bulbs over my fluval edge, and my experience has been that the bulb (which is has cree led's that are over driven) is reaaaally strong. burned a few of my sps and had to repositiont he lighting more the once now. I really like how the japanese tanks take advantage of the different color options tho. i love my bulb but i am really digging how some of those corals look with different led's on them.

10. jack frost

jack frost Astrea Snail

where you can buy par 38 leds in the us that are actnic for aquarium use? I see plenty of these bulbs at lowes but they usually low spectrum white bulbs.