I'm OUT!!! DONE!! (not for the faint of heart)

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Strickland_673, Jun 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

Hey I wanted to let you all know that after seeing this I called my homeowners agent (StateFarm) and asked if there was something that I could take out to cover me in the event this happened, god forbid. She told me that if it is a break as this was it would be covered under homeowners for damage to the house. IE carpets, hardwood floors, walls, etc.. It would not cover the contents in the tank.. Strickland... You may want to talk to your homeowners buddy.. Could save you some lute on the carpet and stuff..

2. Click Here!

3. CoralReef2

CoralReef2 Astrea Snail

so sorry for your loss. But you can be the little guppy who could....I think can I think I can and you will Build up again it will be better than ever. JUst a question did you have any turbo snails in there? When I first got some they knock over my rock and that was my fear what would happen. So I used the puddy to help make the rock more stable.

4. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

You don't want any part of the tank hanging over the stand. Doing so is asking for another blowout, not good.

To the original poster: Was that tank a Marineland? I am so sorry for this tragedy. I feel your pain in so many ways. I had a waterfeed break under my kitchen sink that flooded my entire house. About 800-1200 gallons of water was on my floor throughout my house. When my house was restored, the contractors sprayed paint into my tanks, which wiped out my 150G and my 65G tanks, down to the bacteria. After 4 years, I couldn't keep anything alive in the tanks. Anything I put in it died after 3 days. It was hard, but I stuck with it. Finally, things turned around and I have a happy porcupine and lionfish in there now. They have been in there for almost 2 weeks now. Keep your chin up. :)

5. pavelow360

pavelow360 Feather Duster

Strickland, sorry for your troubles; I for one appreciate your post as I am brand new to this hobby and currently have my rocks sitting on top of the sand. Only 2 big ones, nothing stacked on top as I am just starting. I learned that I need to reconfigure them. I hate to kick ya while you are down, but out of curiousity, do you have any pics of the tank prior?

6. Strickland_673

Strickland_673 Fire Shrimp

hey people,

been awhile since i've been on. been looking around the forum the last couple of days. time for a minor little update.

So i have no idea what kind of damage it caused in the long run, i moved out of the apartment 2 months after.....lol.

I nuked my rocks, and they're still sitting in a rubbermaid container(Dry) waiting for me to get the nerve up to start again. hopefully in the next couple of years.

Thanks for all the support, i'm hoping to be on alot of the next bit, just to pick up some tips and some DIY projects.

7. Strickland_673

Strickland_673 Fire Shrimp

GAWD this thread still makes me cringe!!!

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

This is terrible! Did you ever find out what caused the tank to shatter and its contents to spill out all over the room?

Do you have a tank now? What's up, bud?

10. BigJim

BigJim Spaghetti Worm

That's scary! I think I might line the inside of my tank with bubble wrap when I get home. I'll look in from the top if I want to see.

11. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

I just ordered a Kevlar liner for mine. Gotta watch out for those 9mm carrying crabs.;D

12. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Man What The #@&* I think i would die ....LOL I'm cementing my aqua scape today...Yikes!

E