I'm OUT!!! DONE!! (not for the faint of heart)

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Strickland_673, Jun 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omgiv

omgiv Coral Banded Shrimp

I am truly sorry and seeing pictures almost stopped my heart. I think that my wife would kill me as soon as the shock surpassed. I think that I am going to go and recheck to make sure that everything in mine is secure. Sorry for your loss and best of luck recovering.

Ivy

2. Click Here!

3. highdesertreef

highdesertreef Flamingo Tongue

HFSB man. Thats intense. Sorry for your loss. Hope you stick it out and get back into the hobby when you feel like it. At least the majority of the equipment you have already. Just need a new tank, and than you can decide on the new inhabitants. Again Sorry for your loss.

4. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Those damn tanks and their tempered glass. Sorry for your loss. If you do setup again, try to stay away from tempered glass. Pretty much any 55g is tempered. Again, sorry for your losses.

5. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

man thats horrible. if you find out how it happenned tell us i want to know how to prepare for this not to happen

6. invert phil

invert phil Millepora

North Yorkshire, England, Europe, Earth, Milkyway,
    OMG, really sorry for your loss :( Hope you get a new tank up and running soon...

7. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

So Sorry- This is unreal! While I would hate to see you get out of the hobby I do understand that this goes well beyond the broken tank. Were you atleast able to get a shop vac in with some fans to try to save the carpet, if that's even possible. Let us know if there is anything we can do. Need help doing research our anything let us know. Again so sorry..

8. Click Here!

9. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

WOW!!! If the loss of your tank and all life in it wasn't bad enough, it also got your TV and other stuff too:eek:. I hated my tank because It's acrylic and scratches easily, now I praise it for it's strength. Also I've heard turbo snails can push rocks, maybe it tumbled a rock. Honestly, all I can say is reinforce the glass next time........ Don't quit though; aquariums are full of stressfull, horrible experiences, but at the end it is well worth the hassle.

10. Strickland_673

Strickland_673 Fire Shrimp

I was wondering if it's possible to get a tank that has the same foot print as the 55, but taller maybe?!?! so I can use the old stand?!?!?!

11. highdesertreef

highdesertreef Flamingo Tongue

Check out this page Aqueon » Products » Megaflow Overflow System The tank might be a bit bigger front to back than your tank was but you can get a 110 that will fit side to side and stick out a little from the front or front and back depending on placement. Double the size of this tank. Good luck. Keep your head up.

12. One Dumm Hikk

One Dumm Hikk Skunk Shrimp

Sorry to see a tank shatter like that but don't fall for the temptation of putting a larger tank on the stand than it was designed to hold. There is nothing in the same footprint (length and width) that is taller. You can get a shorter one though.
    Placing a 4' tank so that it "hangs over" the stand is a recipe for a bigger disaster than what you just went through, don't do it.