IM Nuvo 40 build

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by ccardini, Aug 5, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ccardini

ccardini Bristle Worm

The holes in the rock floor were made by sticking frag plugs in there while it hardened. I have some ceramic plugs with a mushroom shaped top so I plan to fill the holes with the plugs and let them grow coraline to blend in. Then I can remove and put frags in whenever without the plug being an eyesore.

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

you've really thought things through. I like the idea on the holes for plugs. I don't think you need to silicone along the back - if you have plenty of flow, it shouldn't be an issue. You still may want to turkey baste it periodically.

4. ccardini

ccardini Bristle Worm

Ok so while I'm waiting for the stand to be made my mind is wandering. I'm thinking of, instead of using the hydra to light this tank, using a Cebu sun fixture with a radium. I'd like to kind of compare between my two tanks. I'm trying to find a "20k" setting for the hydra but cannot seem to find one. I'd like to compare the so called 20k of leds with the 20k radion. If anyone knows of a thread or somewhere that gives settings for 20k let me know. AI for some reason will not give an answer.