Im having a hard time.

Discussion in 'Algae' started by starfish2217, May 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

haha I knew I would need more, thats just what the tank came with, when I went to get more, petco hardly had anything :/ I guess I will have to get a lot more!!

2. Click Here!

3. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

ha, yeah.. phones and fishies make for horrible pics. Maybe algae will come through better though seeing as how it's not swimming around

4. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

check out the reefcleaners.org site. I've never gotten anything personally from them but i've heard about them constantly on here and apparently they rock. Awesome cust service and sounds like they always load you up with extras... I personally like bumble bee snails, think they look sweet though sadly they don't have any of those. :cry:

5. starfish2217

This is true.. haha they are all blurry :/ but Its actually getting better :)

6. starfish2217

K sorry they are not the best.. but here they are.

Attached Files:

7. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

well... i don't have anything to add at this point and seeing as it's almost 2am, i'm about to pass out. I'll check back on ya in the am starfish. Gnight

8. Click Here!

9. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Thats not a bad issue IMHO

running GFO in a reactor will certainly help reduce available nutrients and should help to reduce this and also help prevent it escalating rapidly

additional CUC would be another good move with a mix of additional snail types, so that the tank walls, rockwork and sand bed all have species that are best suited for that purpose

Steve

10. starfish2217

Yea its gotten better :) I will run some GFO and I will work on getting a good CUC. I think it will go away soon, I'll cut the lights and add some more snails and what not :) thanks for the help :)

11. gsxr1000rider

gsxr1000rider Fire Shrimp

+11111
    Just ordered this package of critters from reefcleaners for my 40 gal breeder. It's been 6 days now and WHAT a difference with my algae prob.......
    Plus they have free shipping for the 40 gal breeder package and they send EXTRA. Haha yeaaaaa. It's a must

12. haloist

haloist Skunk Shrimp

That's a massive crew with the current CUC - they're gonna get the job done pretty fast! lol