Im having a hard time.

Discussion in 'Algae' started by starfish2217, May 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Personally, i'd hover around six for a while and see what happens. I can't really say that's an educated piece of advise though so if anyone else says otherwise i'd go with them. It sounds very similar to what i get in my tank. It takes a good 4-7 days before it gets to a point where it's really annoying me though.

2. Click Here!

3. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

:) yes i was happy.

4. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Steve's got a good point about keeping the lights off. I assume you have coral in there though from your earlier post... so that may not work. What does your CUC consist of right now?

5. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

Yea there are some zoa's on the rock and a star polyp covered rock. All I have in there for CUC is maybe 10 hermits and a few nails? and I bought a big turbo snail yesterday and 1 more crab.. they only had 1 hermit crab.. it was weird. but anyways thats all I have, should I get something else for CUC?

6. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Thanks epsilon

I only saw the "Tank has been set up 1 week and 3 days" thus assumed it was rocks, sand and saltwater only at this stage

Steve

7. starfish2217

Yea the polyps need some light, what the min I can run them so they will be alright? Im surprised they made it through the move already.

8. Click Here!

9. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Ha, nails in a SW tank... not good. When my office decided to put in two in wall 125s, they rushed through it and were still doing construction as the tanks were going up... someone dropped a nail in the aggressive tank and boy oh boy did that mess up the parameters for a while until they finally found it. but i degress...

I'd say you could use a bit more in there than just 10 hermits and ~5 snails... I assume this is the 40 breeder in your sig?

To give you an idea... here's a quick crew pack from reefcleaners.org for a 40 long...
    41 Dwarf Ceriths -
    14 Nassarius -
    17 Florida Ceriths -
    6 Large & 5 Small to Medium Nerites -
    10 Assorted Hermits

quite a few more snails in that list than what you have:)

10. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Can you get images up Starfish?

if we could all see exactly what we are dealing with at this stage
    it would help people fine tune the already good advice they have been giving

Steve

11. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Honestly not sure on that one... and yeah, moves can be horrific :cry: lost all my fish in my last move... just finally got around to getting so new fishies myself... About to help a friend move his huge a$$ bow front next week. Not sure what the gallonage is off hand but it's BIG. He said he'd hook me up with something so i'm looking forward to that ;D... Sorry, now i'm just babbling...

12. starfish2217

Yes I will do that right now :) I only have my phone but I will try to get the best shots I can