i'm going to bild a LED reef lights i need to know what spetram i need

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by freyre, Aug 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

C'mon Will, is that really necessary?

Hey Freyre, I would love to see your DIY lighting, but theres only one problem. Am still waiting to see the pics of all the other stuff that you already have done!!!!! lol

Sigue para adelante = continue forward

Luna

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. freyre

freyre Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

i have a threat about my skimer onther DIY if you go you can see it and the rest of the other stuff i have to get a camera for that i will try to post soon .... for the leds i am just athering imformation about wave length and lumis and do what do they need to fotosentisy

4. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

awwww come on, it was just a joke made in good fun, lighten up people. At least someone other than me found it funny.

seriously tho, I am anxious to see if this actually works and is cost efficient. please try to get a PAR meter and log the results.

~Will.

5. wiseguide

wiseguide Plankton

6. freyre

freyre Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

hello guys this is what i have find so far you can do reefs at 5000k to 10,000k thats just the color not the intensity... day light at noon is 5,000k thats natural light the is best for corals and they grow strimly fast on this temp because you are giving the zooxamthellae what it needs to grow...it will olso grow algea but thats y you have a cleaning cru... the intensity is mesure by lux needing a max 100,000 to 120,000 of lux at surface area with tha minemal being at 3,000 on the bottom... well thats the secret on leds i know of a guy the has 9X (35w lexon leds) runing his tank you guys know what this are well let me tell you there fog car lights, yes fog lights you can by of ebay this light and they are amaising yes you are going to spend money on them but is upsolutly word it i so it my self on hes tank yeaturday and i was oohhhhhooooahhhhhhhh!!!! yes they where actully more intence then MH, now i am not saing go buy them, i am just begining and when i star i want to make sure i do it rite i but so far it looks berry promesing... a good tank needs all color of the spectrum but not UV and you can achive this with leds... can you imagine not shange a bulb for 5 years and paying 50% less in electric bills well i am going to do that .... but need a liter more info so keep thos coments coming

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009