Im getting shocked, Need new lights? also, tank renewal.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by elweshomayor, Feb 18, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

Not yet, I dont have the machine thingy to detect stray currents so I havent really done anything other than not touch the fixture. I feel like the water doesnt have any current in it as the fixture isnt touching it or anything. (cant be 100% sure though) Im still debating on whether spend some money and order new bulbs and see if that fixes the problem or buy the new LEDS (assuming that 3 are enough... LFS says it should be but im not entirely convinced, I sent an email to reefbreeders and waiting on their response).

cody3819 likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

I believe 3 should be good. As far as your current are you talking about water current? You did get an MP40 right?

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

You're still overpaying. Plain and simple as that.

How long is your 150? If it's 6ft, then you'll need 3, it it's 4 ft, only 2.

I've been using the Full spectrum, 2 channel dimmable LED's from Ebay/Amazon for about 4 years- NO issues.
    Grows all corals well. You won't need to run them on 100%- or anywhere near it.
    I currently run my 3 lights on bluer channel 70%, whiter channel 32/5%.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/165W-Full-S...356659?hash=item20d4d00773:g:-GwAAOxyuuJR0~A6

These are or very similar to what I"m using- mine also have a few violets that mimic UV light.

While they're not programmable, my fish told me they don't need lightning storms and gradual sun ups.

These are the bomb. Those that have to have a 'name brand', well,.......

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

OH yea, I'd also for sure get everything on a GFCI circuit, and use a grounding probe!

cody3819 likes this.
  6. kornaco40B

kornaco40B Spaghetti Worm

+1 on the GFCI receptacle. Available at pretty much all local hardware stores.

7. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

While they're not programmable, my fish told me they don't need lightning storms and gradual sun ups.

[/QUOTE]

That's is funny!

8. Click Here!

9. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Thank you, be sure to tip the waitresses, I'll be here all week

cody3819 likes this.
  10. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

From what I see of the link, these have more purple rather than blue? or are you able to change them to blue?
    Im not very fond of purple color in the fishtank.. makes it look dim. I do love the Blue however.

11. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

yeah, its your standard 150G. 6feet long. I forget how tall. I was just worried that the lights wouldnt reach the bottom of the tank properly. (as good as a MH or a T5HO would).

As long as the tank is pretty well lit.. thats pretty much all I need. I dont really care for controllers or a mirage of inputs that ill only use once lol

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I only have 4 violets, and that's to get the UV part of the spectrum.
    It mostly has blues, a few red, greens. did you look at the bulb colors and #'s?

These LED's will measure way more PAR atr the bottom of the tank than the MH's, or T5's.
    And you can turn them down with the dimmers as not to scorch everything.

cody3819 likes this.