I'm getting into Commercial LED Lighting!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by epsilon, Dec 1, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Hey guys, think most everyone that's been on a while probably recognizes my name. I frequent the forums from time to time oohing, ahing, and dreaming with you all. I've recently gotten involved with a local LED company which specializes in commercial lighting based on led. Obviously we all knew this time was coming since many of us have been researching, building, and testing leds for years on our setups. I'm hoping this opportunity will eventually lead to a breakthrough for my family and of course my hobby. If anyone is curious, feel free to shoot me a pm. Pretty stoked about the possibilities, so wanted to share in the excitement. Happy holidays!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. maxxtk

maxxtk Spaghetti Worm

Sounds very exciting! Good luck!!

4. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Awesome! Congrats on the new career path.

It is kind of funny, our hobby has made us more knowledgeable than the experts in areas we never would have thought of. Amazing what the passion for a hobby can lead our lives to.

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

congratulations on your new endeavor! Here's some karma to a successful career move :)

7. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Oh we're talking two completely different things here... I actually got a similar fixture over my tank right now. The stuff I'm talking about is industrial/commercial grade stuff meant for long term use in factories, stores, ect. We have solutions to handle everything from a nightlight to a Street light. Huge area of opportunities are in high Bay lighting which currently use MH. Even florescent high bay use a great deal more electricity than LED so the savings are tremendous. Of course I'm preaching to the choir here... suffice it to say, Jeep isn't going to turn to a company/fixture like that. They did however turn to us (though I didn't have a thing to do with that deal :( )

8. Click Here!

9. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

That's awesome to hear! Congrats :D