Ideas for a 55 gallon aqua terrarium

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by SwimsWithFish, Feb 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Yeah it's sweet! I saw it at petsmart a few weeks ago and I literally stared for a minute! Just what I was looking for!

2. Click Here!

3. SwimsWithFish

4. ZC42

ZC42 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

That's cool! Just no fake Decorations. And you'll have better fish too

5. SwimsWithFish

Yeah definately. I'll have some terrestrial plants and mostly bamboo in the water.

6. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

yeah anoles are closely related to iguanas, they are very comfortable in water and are natural born swimmers. you wont have a problem with that.

as for the salamanders/newts, almost all the ones you will find will be just as comfortable in a tropical/semi tropical environment as any otehr place, aside from a few such as a tiger salamander that live in temperate areas, even around my house in the rocky mountains.

you wont have a problem with it being too hot for the amphibians. also i would suggest a humidifier to keep up humidity rather than a spray bar, it will keep it more humid, and will be more efficient and uses alot less water. but you also will want to mist the tank now and then because that is how anoles primarily get their fluids, by drinking drops on the leaves, also to water the plants in the vivarium.

7. SwimsWithFish

Sweet! I run a humidifier in my room anyway do that'll be easy.

8. Click Here!

9. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

yo ucould also maybe look into a naturalistic water fall, ive seen some absolutely breathtaking vivariums with water falls in them.

also ive seen tanks where the tank is divided half and half land water, but only long ways instead of sideways. so the front is all water and the back is all land. then they have several powereheads at one end that sort of simulate a current, like a small stream going right through the tank.

also ive seen real streams in a tank where they have a sealed system but it has gravel and rocks and it gradually goes down from about halfwater up the back of the tank to the bottom of the front, then a pump pumps the water back up to the top of the stream. this is difficult to do but looks better than anything if done correctly.

10. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

Exo Terra Fogger, Accessories | PetSolutions

something like this preferably but any little bit will help, including your little room humidifier.

11. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

an awesome gecko you may want to look into getting for the tank is a dwarf williams neon blue cave gecko, they are hard to find and a bit pricey compared to a 7 dollar anole but they are absolutely breathtaking. and your vivarium would be the perfect environment for a pair.

12. ZC42

ZC42 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Jw, would something like this be possible with a 20?