Ideas for a 55 gallon aqua terrarium

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by SwimsWithFish, Feb 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ZC42

ZC42 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Maybe you should add more kuhlis if you have the space- 6+? Then they're more active. This is going to be so cool though!

2. Click Here!

3. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

I know I can't wait!:D as soon as I have money I'll look for a tank and stand on Craigslist.

4. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

turtles will eat the fish, also do some research, there are plenty of salamanders/newts that live in very tropical places.

5. SwimsWithFish

I can't seem to find any... Anyways I think it would be cool to have a colony of anoles occupying the land portion and then having a nice school of neon tetras with the khulis in the water. I'll have a ton of vines going over the water and land for the anoles to climb on. Oh and of course a spray bar for humidity.

6. SwimsWithFish

Anoles don't go in water right?

7. ZC42

ZC42 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

You should do archer fish and watch them shoot crickets! Or are they brackish...?

8. Click Here!

9. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

Fire belly toads will hunt down and eat everything they can overpower! I once had some that ate cory cat fish not to mention neon tetra's, newts, just about everything with legs or gills became toad food! If you are going to keep them only keep them with larger species, silver dollars, angels, small south American cichlids etc. The newt's are far less aggressive.

Those tanks are always cool! I used to have a 20 long river system with DIY waterfall and lots of tropical plants, good luck!

10. SwimsWithFish

Those things are sweet! But they get BIG... I just wish I could find an animal that uses land AND water.

11. SwimsWithFish

Thanks!:D

12. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

That's really cool! My roommates and I used to do the same type of thing back in college but we would just use slate and silicone, this is much more advanced!