Ideas for a 55 gallon aqua terrarium

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by SwimsWithFish, Feb 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

internal filters work too, you could work it out to look like a little waterfall over the rocks if positioned good enough.

2. Click Here!

3. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

I was thinking the same. I think a 40gb will be ideal for the set up. I'll slope sand up to one side and have driftwood everywhere with slate. I would also keep some puffers since this is brackish. I think I'll look into dwarf Indian mudskippers since they are more peaceful.

4. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

Brackishwater Fish

this guys got some good skippers, along with some other great brackish fish and oddball aquarium fish.

5. harrison

harrison Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

maybe you could find some smaller water lilies so that if the dart frogs were to fall, they would at least have the platform to get back to the rocks or branches etc. poison dart frogs lay eggs in the water collected in the bromeliad flower leaves. if they do breed, the bromeliads would be a beautiful and useful touch. heres a picture! [​IMG]

poison dart frogs are so cool and i would not recommend fire belly toads if they are near a bed room because they make a lot of noise!

good luck! keep posting pics when you decide to do what ever you do.

finally >>>>>keep a tight lid!!!!!!! because dogs would love to eat your multi-colored squirmy treats which would be the end of both pets. !!!!!

good luck
    -Harrison

6. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

wow! old thread! swimswithfish appears to be MIA for several months now. anyone know where hes gone to?