ID please

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by pwoller, Nov 12, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

i just searched about 10 sites and most say they like the deep sand bed and can retract into it in 1 seconds time.also most say it can deliver a bad sting.i don't see any problem unless you have lots of corals on your sand that they can sting but i could'nt find much info.

2. Click Here!

3. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

Update

What.JPG

ok so I was watching this thing today. It was fully extended like it was previousy only at night, but today in full light. I thought that was weird so I snapped a couple pics, right after that it lets go of the rock and begins floating around, gets in front of a power head and explodes into a thousand peices. What is going on with this thing?

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

That top thing is an aiptasia...are we still talking about the same critter?

5. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

Ive never had aptasia that had this type of base? Or this color?

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Ah, so the aiptasia looking thing is sticking out of the "original" anemone. Sorry about that. I'm also sorry that I don't know anything at all about the animal you have. Did it "explode" as a result of going through the powerhead or just as a result of getting too close to the water flow? Could be that it was dead and disintigrating, hence the floating around, and the output from the powerhead just blew it apart.

7. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

Yeah it just went in front of the powerhead and fell apart. Its like its mission was complete in my tank, left 4 babies, and then committed suicide. It looked like a colt coral with an aptasia that came out of the top, at night? Weird? Any one got and idea if its good or bad?

8. Click Here!

9. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

maybe the aiptasia killed it?

10. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

this thread reminds me of the movie " the blob "

11. Reefdiver72

Reefdiver72 Feather Duster

Is it a strawberry anenome? mine grow one every place they touch almost as bad as manjos or aptasia exept my copperband wont eat them. I pick them out with forcepts and flush them. I just looked harder at your picture maybe some sort of hydroids?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007