ID my leather and help with strange behaviour

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Seguragr, Mar 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seguragr

Seguragr Astrea Snail

I'll take a full tank pic when I get back home to show you overall placement in the tank. looking at old pictures it's probably more like a foot away from the powerhead.

2. Click Here!

3. Seguragr

Seguragr Astrea Snail

Moved him to the center of the tank on top. I think I figured out that this has been an issue caused by dosing herbtana in my tank. I put carbon back in my system last night and turned my skimmer back on and now all my corals seem happier. The leather is still leaning, but his polyps were partially extended this morning.

I'll keep an eye on it. But I'm hopeful that he'll come back now that I stopped the herbtana. Didn't even get the whole 10 day treatment done. Has anyone else had a problem with soft corals and leathers with herbtana?

Attached Files:

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Looks like you answered your own question ;),keep it where it's at,give it time to acclimate to it's new location and it sounds like it will be fine.Leathers in general are very hardy.Carbon imo is a must due to the toxins they release.

5. Seguragr

Seguragr Astrea Snail

Yeah. I was really not happy about taking carbon out and turning the skimmer off. Looks like I'll be just feeding garlic oil on food.

6. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Put it where you have room, because it will get huge pretty quickly. Ours did.