ICK!

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Midnight_Madman, Dec 17, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

May I reiterate the use of a hospital tank and treat all fish...separate from the tank. ::)

2. Click Here!

3. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

I agree with birdlady, and I know I need to practice what I preach.

Cindy

4. Trickman2

Trickman2 Bristle Worm

Kick Ich sounds like a good shot. I would be feeding Garlic also. I have used Rally by Ruby Reef for a Fungus infection and it seemed to work well. I would hit it with Kick ich and Garlic. Good luck, Sounds like you are down to the end of your fish. Good news is that Niger triggers are tough and so are damsels. They will probably survive

5. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

I have not used the kick ick before but I know from experiance that if you have ick in your reef tank you will need to quaranteen every little fishy in a separate system to rid the fish of the parasite. Then you have all those cysts glued to all your liverock and substrate waiting for a host. If you put in a fishy before at least 1 month ( better 2)chances are when these guys enter the water after their incubation time on your liverock (21 days lying in wait to re-enter the water column) they will be looking for a fishy to attatch to and repeate the cycle. Anything short of 1 month quaranteen and you risk reinfecting your fish. This all comes from hours of reading by myself and trial and error ick treatment. Im sure someone else here has already said all this. I did not take the time to read through all the posts here. I just got done with my ick problem(knock on wood)

Jay

6. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

You know its funny you said the lay and wait on the liverock. It was about 2 weeks after my first encounter, that everything seemed perfect. Nobody in the tank had a trace of ick.
    So I decided to do a little cleaning. I took a powerhead and blew off all the liverock, the day after I did that, is the day all the fish got it again! Strange

7. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

Have you looked at No Ich (ecolibrium) by Fish Vet? They also make a reef treatment (Revive) for coral fish disease that is a deadlier disease than ich!!

HMMMM I just noticed Sea_Splenders first post in this thread ::)...wellll.... what Sea_Splendor said!!!! :-[

http://www.fishvet.com

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid