Ick, maybe...

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by DrewGritz, Apr 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DrewGritz

DrewGritz Flamingo Tongue

Yeah, I was adjusting some rock and the CBS made run for my pinky with a couple jabs but, he missed :)

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

LOL feels weird doens't it

4. DrewGritz

Has anyone had luck with Vit C additives?

5. DrewGritz

OK!

I have an update... So I thought my clowns might have Ick but- I am starting to think other wise... I went to my LPS and he showed me what ick looks like and gave an explanation... He was very helpful! Anywho-

The white spot/ spots I thought were ick seem to not be multiplying or going away.

They still dig their noses into the sand from time to time but - all the params are normal and they eat like nobodys business... The female clown has settled down a bit and has found her 'spot' in the aquarium- that would be the only real 'change' in behavior (and don't get me wrong, she still swims all over too)

I am using garlic and vit C and maybe that is helping...

I feel as though with the tiny spots, I could literally take them off myself!

What are your thoughts, just let it be?

6. Da_Gopherboy

Da_Gopherboy Fire Shrimp

I know you mentioned against it, but I'd recommend the QT. You can prolly buy a 10 gallon QT with all the fixings for the cost of a good UV filter. Then you can get into aggressive treatments to get rid of whatever you've got, either Hypo-Salinity, or whatever medication you think you need.

If you can post some pics, it would be very helpful in diagnosing what exactly your fish have.
    -G

1 person likes this.
  7. DrewGritz

I understand, I will look into this, thank you! K+