Ick and finrot and the unknown!!

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by cpeckford, Oct 9, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cpeckford

cpeckford Plankton

I"m done with gold fish!!!!

This is day 7 or 8 I think of my ick infestation and at this point I am not buying any more gold fish...Maybe its not ment to be lol. I might try some tropical fish and see if my talent with them is any better...

My oldest black moor died this morning with no ick present on it EVER. It seem to have lost its scales over night and started to decay while it was alive??
    Two of my red fan tails are dead and I have another black moor thats almost dead and severly skinny.... AAAHHHHH. I have 1 black moor left and it to has ick now. And it wasn't even in the same tank with the others when it got it. My algie eater still has it but there are no signs yet that its going to die (knock on wood).

If and when these fish die I am going to empty the tank and let it dry out for a few days maybe a week before atempting the tropical fish (plus I have to buy a hater)....

I am thinking about 2 oscars.....Anyone have a coment about them..(I already know I need a big tank for them..at least a 40g I was told or bigger if I can)......I've done some research and have seen a friends oscars and there neat fish (and they are kept in a 30g for the past 4 years)..so.....

Any advise is welcomed!!

Thanks in advance!!

2. Click Here!

3. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I had 2 oscars before switching to saltwater. I loved them, I had them in a 20 gallon tall with 60 gallons of filtration. They are awesome fish. The only reason I got rid of them was to get a nano 12. Oscar are good but are messy. Make sure you have a good filter...

4. cpeckford

cpeckford Plankton

No more goldfish for me!!

I have 1 black moor left. The rest were whiped out with the ick. I emptied my tank and started over with some tropical fish. I went out and bought a heater and 3 oscars. 1 red, 1 tiger and 1 albino (which I LOVE!!!). I curently have them in a 10g but I am buying a new and ever bigger one next month (curently looking in adds for a used tank hopefully 55g or bigger for a nice price..no luck yet) so they'll have plenty of room!!

Neways this is the end of my ick and goldfish :)

Wish me luck with the Oscars :)