Urgent Ich ???

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by cj24, Jan 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cj24

cj24 Bristle Worm

I believe that one of my fish has Ich -- what do I do??? One of my fish died yesterday - it seemed like I noticed the whitish film on its side & the next thing I knew, it had died. Now, another one of my fish, which was from the same batch as the fish that died, is starting to show the same signs. Is there something I can buy to put in my water? Will Ich spread to my other fish? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Whitish film? Doesn't sound like ich... Ich looks like grains of salt scattered around. Could be Marine Velvet.

4. Mr.Ace

Mr.Ace Flamingo Tongue

What kind of fish? Clowns possibly?

5. cj24

cj24 Bristle Worm

damselfish. The one that died looked like its scales were removed or something. was a blue damsel and had a sizeable area where it looked scaled( white pasthes). The other fish doesnt have patches like that but its fins are frayed. looks like something nipped at its fins but the only other thing in the tank is another damsel. just need some ideas and suggestions to help. Can this be treated? no QT tank either.

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

A whitish film sounds more like Marine Velvet. Ich would just be several small white spots.