Ich with no symtoms

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by jenkins2212, Oct 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jenkins2212

jenkins2212 Plankton

Just bought a cbb and he is swimming and nipping at rock basically no symtoms of ick. But since i brought him home from the lfs hes developed white spots on his fins. This morning i noticed two small black spots as well. He is still acting fine and no other fish show symptoms at all. I did raise temp to around 84 and drop down to 1.016 i think. I really need some help since i have no qt and have a full blown reef so i cant dose copper. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Its just stress, check all your parameters.

Bring your salinity and temp back to normal. It doesnt do much to help. Its creates stress for the other creatures in your tank.

Soak some live brine shrimp in Selcon or Zoecon and feed them to your fish. It will be fine in a few days. You may also try cyclopeeze soaked in garlic.

4. photo-guy

photo-guy Flamingo Tongue

I'm not sure about your timelines here. So, the other fish not showing symptoms may not be relevant for now.

The total lifecycle of saltwater ich can be roughly 2 to 6 weeks, depending on conditions.

The other fish might contract ich (if that's what it is) and show symptoms later.

If it's ich then one possible option is to remove the fish to a qt tank. Heal them there. Then back into the reef tank after 6 weeks++ (after the ich has gone through the entire cycle and died off of old age).

5. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

Full reef and your dropping you salinity that low? I'd be more worried about your corals then a fish.