Ich treatment

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by JoeyBagOfDonuts, Sep 28, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Cleaner shrimp, good varied diet, excellent water. Check.

Did my weekly 10% WC yesterday
    phos zero
    nitrates <1
    Ammo 0
    PH 8.3
    Alk 4.5
    CA 450
    SG 1.024 and stable.
    78-79F

2. Click Here!

3. tarheel

tarheel Skunk Shrimp

I would not use Ich Attack again, tried it a few weeks ago and I think it was responsible for a large algae bloom. not to mention did nothing to help the ich problem. ending up with a QT treating with malacite green and a display full of algae.

4. BloodyShirt

BloodyShirt Fire Worm

I've got a clown gobie that's come won with the ich after a 15% water change, levels are all good and 2 tangs along with 4 clowns and a few others are all showing no signs of ich. Should I try treating this with the garlic method? Just as I was about to pickup a 10" orange shoulder too

5. Mburke

Mburke Plankton

Ich

You can have an ich free display tank. I have done it after trying alot of reef safe items I followed another post from Bob Fenner. set up a QT tank(I leave mine up all the time just keep a couple of chromis in it to keep the biological filter going) Bare bottom with just pieces of pcv for hiding. Place all fish in qt tank and begin treating with Cuppramine. I continue cuppramine as I lower the salinity to 1.090. End Cuppramine treatment at 18 days then continue hyposalinity for 25 more days. Over the next week bring salinity in line with the display tank. Once this is acheived fish can be moved back to display tank. Also raise DT tank temp to 83-85 helps to spped up the ich cycle. From this point on QT everything wet you bring home.
    Mike