Ich outbreak, Hypo started

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by fhabercrombie, Oct 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fhabercrombie

fhabercrombie Fire Shrimp

I think i read somewhere that it takes close to a year, for ICH to die out in a tank of fish that have obtained an immunity to it. But everytime you add new fish to the tank, it can cause an outbreak.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

@mazaj

http://www.3reef.com/forums/diseases/while-treating-ich-i-have-amonia-spike-96837.html

This is what happened when you lowered the SG far too quickly and over shoot the target SG and used a hydrometer rather than the advised refractometer.

Advising people to do nothing really?::)

4. mazaj

mazaj Feather Duster

Corailline i followed the post you quoted by the following:
    each time somebody talks about ich there is some1 advising not to do anything except feeding well and use garlic. i simply followed that and seems worked for me.
    btw i did not drop salinity fast it took me 5 days to get to target salinity, all reading that i did say that target salinity should be 1.008 to 1.009 and i did use a hydrometer, my mistake but stuff started dying at much higher salinity. when i crossed the 1.015 the tank start going down the hill.

5. EvoCorals

EvoCorals Plankton

Do you have a UV? I would highly suggest getting one and running water slowly through it. Ich takes long exposures to be killed in the UV