ich....LETS GET THE FACTS PLEASE

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by mufassathelion, Mar 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

the specs on the glass may not be ich they may just be copepods or amphripods. you should really only consider it to be ich if there on the fish. it is possible for ich to dissappear and reappear because of there life cycle.

also there are many animals that cant be both freshwater and salt y cant the parasites lol

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

They are just that cousins! not the same issue. I have dealt with both in fresh and salt salt is easier to deal with and both have there place.Neither are good for the tank but both can easily be dealt with!

4. mufassathelion

mufassathelion Skunk Shrimp

kudos to sostoudt i agree with you but rhorton if you read that whole article and i will quote it..................... It can be treated by the use of chemical sources such as cupric sulfate, malachite green, hydrogen peroxide, and quinacrine. I REALLY DONT SEE ANYONE PUTTING HYDROGEN PEROXIDE IN THER TANK. so as for that article i give it a 5... not very informative and well peroxide in a tank????? i dont think that would b a safe thing to do.

5. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

I wasn't showing the article for cures just that they are different, as far as the hydrogen peroxide i have never heard of that myself and your right I wouldn't put that in my tank either...lol

6. mufassathelion

by the way nice coperband on your avatar... im sayin i dont know the difference i never got the microscope out and did a bioptsy on ich. however i have done alot of reading on various things just to have a lil knowledge. but none of the articles i have read until that one pointed out the difference... article sez freshwater ich is well white spot disease.. hmmmmm saltwater ich...white spots on my fish.....could it b, granted i am not saying that your wrong, after all all the symptoms are the same, most of the "cures" are the same... although theres a genetic difference between you and me does that mean we are a differnt species of humans LMFAO its all good.. i just want to get any and all misconceptions outa the way....YES i know i play a good devils advocate. LOL but tell me what the hell that guy was thinking HYDROGEN PEROXIDE.....LMFAO think he snorted one to many atoms

1 person likes this.
  7. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

thanks

I Know how you feel though dealing with ich sucks especially when you get 20 different replies on how to deal with it (all 20 different ways) which makes it more confusing when none of them work and some seem so ridicules you wouldn't even try it and you slowly watch your fish get covered in it. been there.
    +k for a good debate!

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I've use Hydrogen Peroxide just like I've used other oxidizers like Ozone and Potassium Permanganate.

I didn't read the article so I can't comment on it.

However, freshwater ich and marine ich are 2 different species.

10. mufassathelion

woooooooooow really inwall... how did it work for you... considering i have 2 anemone's i have to b very carefull with what i use... as i have read copper is a bad bad thing. if so tell me i have a 75 tall tank and well.. how much should i try if it works i swear i wont say nothing bad for a week lol.... just curious though.

11. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Don't put copper in your tank. It's an effective method in a QT tank. I've freshwater dipped my Tang before and the ich fell off quite quickly actually (within 2 mins). The fish survived the dip, but didn't like it much and I wouldn't put myself or my fish through that again. I also wouldn't put Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2 i believe) in my tank either, but it may be an effective dipping technique or something of the sort.

12. mufassathelion

well i tried a freshwater dip...hmmmm not sure if i did it right but i did try... all i did was literally dip them in 3 x's and then back again now i know i need a qt wich will probably b this weekend. but no i have not used any copper meds in my tank.. for it will kill my anemone's..... now my clown is acting funny i hope it will b ok....mufassa