Ich in DT - Looking for Treatment Advice

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Marshall O, May 26, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I think I've found the source as far as how it originated on the forums. It's going to take me a bit to read through some of their references, but I've already found a couple of BIG stretches in results to say garlic is related to X, Y, Z. I'll pick through it on my tank build breaks.

I've studied garlic, more specifically Allium Sativum, all to pieces as I was trying to decide whether or not to include it in our new product. Trust me, if it's not required, I'd rather not incur the extra cost.

2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Agreed :-/

And Renee, please do share your findings. Very interested myself...

4. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I would enjoy to hear about your findings.

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

7. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Not really. I have worked late the past couple nights, and have failed at my attempts to catch any fish :-/ I left my "trap" in the tank so they are not so skittish around it and will hopefully catch one or two tomorrow. The 10 gallon is cycled and ready to go once I catch them.

In the meantime the Royal Gramma has not gotten any better. He hasn't eaten in a few days, and is now just lying on the bottom :( I went to my local pharmacy to try and find some clove oil, but was unsuccessful. I will get some on my way home tomorrow though at GNC. If he is in the same condition tomorrow he will be euthanized unfortunately.

At least the Midas Blenny, both Lubbock's Wrasses and Tiger Wardi Goby are eating great and active like normal. So it is not an emergency I catch them all, just the sooner, the better.

8. Click Here!

9. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Well as I thought would happen, the Gramma did not make it to Thursday morning :( Sad to say, but I do wish I had the clove oil for him Wednesday night :/ And to top it off he died in the back of the tank behind rockwork, where it was impossible to reach. Had to leave him until I got home from work. Weird thing is, the CuC barely touched him...

I did manage to trap the female Lubbock's last night. She is now in the 10 gallon. I plan to catch another tonight, and the last two over the weekend. I am sure I will be able to easily catch the Midas Blenny tonight, but will likely have to take all of the corals and rocks out to catch the male wrasse and goby. At least it will give me another chance to aquacape...

For the 10 gal, I have a Seachem ammonia monitor in the tank, and have prime on hand just in case. Copper will start early next week once all fish are acclimated to the tank and eating.

10. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully you'll be able to catch the others and get them treated.

11. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Thanks. Never easy losing your pets...

I have an acclimation box that can also be used as a trap, so any of the more "daring" fish are easy to catch. Since this all happened, my male Lubbock's wrasse has been very skittish, which is why I will likely have to tear the tank down to catch him. Maybe I will get lucky though...

12. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Caught the goby last night to my surprise. Figured he would be last or second to last. So now female Lubbock's and the goby are in the HT. I did put a small tupperware container with sand in it for the goby. He was very confused as to where all the sand was when he got into the tank. Kept trying to scoop up the bottom of the tank. Once I put the sand in he stays within the container for the most part.

Should be able to catch another tonight, and the last one tomorrow.