Ich heat speed up?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Guy, Jan 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guy

Guy Spaghetti Worm

Not at all. :-/

2. Click Here!

3. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well sorry if I'm acting like an @$$ but you really need to get help for the tang as soon as possible

4. Guy

Guy Spaghetti Worm

XD it's fine. And I know. I'm going to call the LFS tomorrow when they open and see what they can do.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

No you can do it with a hydrometer. The research is easily available on the net. Please make sure you back up your methods with more than one experience with Marine Ich.

The fact that this tang is in a 29 gal tank with chronic ich says it all. The fish needs a bigger tank and the treatments for Marine Ich need to be researched throughly.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well I'll give my experience; I took out 5 gallons from my DT and made 5 gallons so that i could reach salinity of 1.010. I acclimated my ocellaris clown and algae blenny and kept them there for about 2 weeks and watched them steadily. I did a water changes daily and fed them with flake food and some frozen shrimp. after about 2 weeks all the white spots were gone, i raised salinity back to 1.025, and kept them there for about 6 weeks (ick in the main tank can survive that long without a host, but then it dies), then reintroduced them.

7. mulder32

mulder32 Purple Spiny Lobster

We've all made our share of mistakes, but I agree about the tang being in a 29g. I had a tang in a 75g several years ago, and that was pushing it. Tangs should really be in 90g or more.