ICH! clown has it

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Toallhisdoom, Jun 4, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

my clown deff has ich! i can see white spots all over its fins. none of my other fish appear to have it on them. what should i do? do i remove the clown? or should i just leave it? it is kind of hanging out in the corner but still comes out to eat. i had an ammonia spike up to 1.0ppm a couple days ago. could this have caused it? please should i qt?! i dont want to stress the fish out more tho. but dont want my other fish to become infected. help!

2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

It could also be brookynella. i am not really sure. but none of my other fish have white spots on them. and a pic would be almost impossible the fish is only about an inch long. my other clown fish also shows no signs of white spots.

4. DevinH

DevinH Montipora Capricornis

QT immediately and treat.

5. Toallhisdoom

treat with what? if its on my fish isn't it already in the tank? and what about my other fish?

6. beaner4747

beaner4747 Astrea Snail

Treat with copper safe !! And also feed with selcon and garlic guard.. Dont worry ich doesnt mean death if all your fish are healthy the most likely will not get it BEST of LUCK to you. :)

7. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

I you have corals or planning on getting do not treat with copper in the main tank. Keep feeding him, soak food in garlic and selcon and as long as your tank params have settled down and he is eating he should be able to beat it. And yes it is already in the main tank.

8. Click Here!

9. Toallhisdoom

so should i even bother quaranteening? i am afraid it will just stress him more... ugh

10. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

I would say no unless he stops eating or start to look real bad. All it will do now is add stress.

11. Toallhisdoom

yea i cant even catch the stupid thing. ugh. if its healthy enough to evade me. i am just leaving it. ill get the selcon tomorrow.
    thanks guys

12. Toallhisdoom

ok so i waited untill he was "asleep" and snagged him out. was very easy and now he is in my fluval edge 6 gallon with water and rock from my 75g. i also have a small power head and an air stone. i have lights but am not turning them on. am going to get the garlic stuff and selcon today.

anything else i should do?