ICH and SHRIMP

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by queshibo, Jan 2, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. queshibo

queshibo Astrea Snail

I posted a couple weeks ago about my fish having an ICH problem. Well it has gone then come back slightly today. i noticed it today. Just know before bedtime i turned off the MH and still had the acintics on. Before I could turn them off, I saw my (well one) cleaner shrimp jump on my blue tang. The tang let him on for about 2 sec then bumped him off. Then the sail fin tang came around and he did the same thing only for a bit longer. So the cleaner shrimp was on the sail fin for a ride all the while eating the ICH, of course I am only assuming this. Has anyone else ever seen this activity. At first I thought they were trying to eat each other or something. Anyone?

2. Click Here!

3. Powderbluetang

Powderbluetang Astrea Snail

That is what my 3 scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp does to my Powderblue tang, Naso tang and Blue Hippo tang. They take turns at the shrimps cleaning station, getting clean of ich or any external parasites. This is nornal activity for these shrimps!

4. hitman35

hitman35 Purple Spiny Lobster

I had a ICH infestation about 2 weeks ago I am sure it is still present but would a cleaner shrimp help matters in the tank

5. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

Yes cleaner shrimp are the way to go to help fight any of the parasites.
    Also a 6 line wrasse helps as well though some people here have had issues with them.

6. JustPhish

JustPhish Peppermint Shrimp

That's why they're called cleaner shrimp. ;)

If your ich was gone and then came back suddenly, whatever is causing the stress to your fish in the tank is still there. Try and find out what it is and eliminate it and that will cure your ich problem for good.

7. Urban_s

Urban_s Sea Dragon

My yellow tang and my cleaner are always hiding when they do that. You look around the corner of the tank they look at you the bolt.

8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Although cleaner shrimp will eat parasites off fish, I would not rely only on them. Infact most of the fish I have don't let the shrimp on them... Im not really sure why. But if they fish allow them to eat the ich then you are in luck :)