Ich and other parasite

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Kaianuanu, Apr 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kaianuanu

Kaianuanu Peppermint Shrimp

also, i got a bottle of vitamins. I know soap is a big no-no. But, could i use it to clean a glass jar that i will use to soak my food in the vitamins? I'll be sure to rinse very well afterusing the soap.

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

yea aslong as you rinse well

i wouldnt do it for one month, just until the ich is gone, im just winging it here with the meds, i always had a reef so ive never used any of the copper ones, the RS ones basically dont work unless your very lucky

edit: i think you only dose once and it works for a month. thats what drfosters said

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  4. Kaianuanu

Ok one last question. I'm trying to get these fish in my 55 asap. Anyway, would i be ok if i have the 55 w/ a 4 foot long "cool white f40CW" bulb, HOB power filters (combined to be rated at 100g), crushed coral, and 15lbs of LR. I'm going to add more LR when money permits. And an octopus bh-300 dual protein skimmer when i get enough cash. Anyway could i do this? if so, i'll run back to petco and get another bag of instant ocean and start the 55 up.

5. Kaianuanu

I may move that last question to a whole new thread

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i dont see why not. what are you worried about?
    you may have a parameter spike but not much assuming this rock was from the 20.

7. Kaianuanu

thanks bro, i'll try to do it tonight. Hey, one last thing, should i put the water from my 20 into the new 55 or should i just put all new water?

8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

did you get you nitrates tested. if there very high i wouldnt use your old water.

but acclimate the fish in a bucket to the new water before putting them in.

also wait a 2 hours after mixing the salt. everything doesnt dissolve right away

10. Kaianuanu

i dont have my nitrates tested because i recently misplaced my color key so i need to find it first.

11. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

most fish stores do it for free. i know petsmart does so i would assume petco will also

12. Kaianuanu

i couldn't get to petco tonight, i'll try tommorrow. but, i thought, why am i going to put them in the 55 now? That would be a whaste of my coppersafe. So im just going to wait untill all the ich and such has cleared up first, then i'll move them. but i still need to sell my incubator for money towords LR and a skimmer.