ICH 1 Fish 0

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by jv3679, Dec 15, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jv3679

jv3679 Plankton

Good Morning,

This is my 1st FW 15 gal. tank with 2 - 1 = 1 gf. One of my gf got ICH a week ago (tiny white spots) and I started an Kordon ICH Attack 100% Organic treatment. The spots started to go away a day ago but the gf seemed to still have breathing trouble.

The gf passed away last night and I feel bad. I need advice on what to do next. I read that Kordon Prevent ICH was a good product when getting new fish. The other gf seems not to be affected but who knows.

What should my battle plan be? P.S. I noticed the AMMONIA level was high (between 2.0 - 4.0) so I did a water change and will AMMONIA level later. Kordon literature said that their products affect FW testing products. Any insight on this.

Thanx :confused:

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I'm not a FW guy but you need to get that Ammonia under control. there are several product out there that will convert Ammonia to a less harmful substance like AMOStop I think it's called.

J

4. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

5. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

whAT i did for ich in my sisters FW i raised the temp of the water and poured a tablspoon of salt in the tank.3 days later the fish were fine.