I want your opinion!

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by KDtrey5, Aug 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. KDtrey5

KDtrey5 Coral Banded Shrimp

I am planning on upgrading my lights and I am not sure on what to get.
    I have a 20 gallon long tank and I would like to support some soft, lps, and some sps. Here are a couple lights that I am thinking about getting. I would also like your ideas or lights for a 30 inch. Tell me what you think!

My Current Light Fixture
    Coralife Lunar Aqualight T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 2X31W, 30" - Model 08601

Which One Do You Think I should Get?
    Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting

LED Reef Bright
    I Would Get 2 Of These

LED Reef Bright

So What Do You Guys Think? I Am A Little Worried About Dead Spots In The Tank. Post If There Are Any Other Light Fixtures That Would Be Good.
    Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. KDtrey5

KDtrey5 Coral Banded Shrimp

4. Anldyxp

Anldyxp Skunk Shrimp

Is this a 20gallon tall? I was using 2 BoostLED Par30's on my 20 gallon tall and it worked great. I have softies, lps and one sps and they are doing great. You can check them out in my thread in my sig.

5. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

I would get the reefbreeders value fixture instead. Better coverage and spectrum then Either of those imo

6. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

With a shallow tank like the 20L, you could hang the 4 x 24 T5HO high enough to obtain full coverage without causing problems. I would recommend switching to high-PAR bulbs like ATI as OEMs usually supply cheap bulbs.

Personally, I wouldn't invest in cheap LEDs... at least not until they gain a reputation for supporting corals. As we've learned from MH, bright light does not always equal high PAR.

7. ScorpD

ScorpD Astrea Snail

If you go with the Coralife you may have trouble finding alternative bulbs as it uses 30" lights instead of 24", which are more common. Out of those listed, I would go with the Odysea and some ATI bulbs. You might want to look into some of the Aquaticlife fixtures too.

8. Click Here!

9. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

WOW, that Odyssea fixture is a STEAL! I'd go with that, hands down.

10. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

don't touch those reef bright leds. They are garbage.

11. JamesHL88

JamesHL88 Plankton

This is my old 20 long with a 24" aquatraders t5 quad and the stock bulbs. I say go with this because there are alot more options for bulb spectrum with 24" bulbs rather than 30".

[​IMG]