I Want Karma!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by PharmrJohn, Apr 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

Ick...I swear some manufacturers go out of the way to make cars as obnoxious as possible. An ex had a late 90's Chrysler Sebring, had to take off a wheel to change the battery :p

2. Click Here!

3. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

on the new beetle you need to take the passenger side headlight out to change the battery (and the RSi VR6 powered ones need the fender off too)
    oh and to change the headlight bulb, you need to take the headlight out.
    Did I mention that to remove the headlight the front bumper has to come off ?

4. Damsels R Cool

Damsels R Cool Millepora

yep had to do that a coupple times at the shop o and the trany in a caravan that thing is impossible

5. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Yeah I know the feeling I Had an 04 Evo

Just as an idea I had a mechanic quote me on the vette, new water pump, spark plugs, and plug wires

The water pump was a 5.5 hour job, plug wires a 5 hour job and the plugs themselves a 4 hour job according to the book

Parts + labor $1700

Needless to say I found a shadetree to help me do this all alot cheaper but still ended up running me nearly $700 since I was having surgery on my arm 3 days after I got it done doing it myself wasn't an option unfortunatly I was a mechanic for Ford before I got into I.T.

6. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

WOW is this thread STILL going?

7. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

we have been waiting for you

Steve

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

LOL Have you? I'm sorry, I've been pretty busy. I've been on 4 jobs and it's canning season right now. I just put up 16 jars of Peach preserves yesterday. Have more pickles and pickle relish than I'll ever use. Froze corn, green beans and squash. Now it's fig time and I'm looking for some pears to make pear relish. They call it "the good stuff" down here. you put it on peas... How ya been? SHould I start a thread or just keep babbling on here? ;D

Oh yeah and I'm learning German.

1 person likes this.
  10. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

This is exactly the right thread for telling people what you have been doing
    German? are you learning that for a specific reason (work related etc) or is it just an interest
    Im now going away to make some toast with an Orange preserve they call Marmalade where Im from - they call it Orange Jam here

Steve

11. cuttingras

learning for the heck of it. I grew up hearing my grandparents and always wanted to know what they were saying. They've both been for a long time, but I thought it would be cool to learn. Plus, when you have to live in a hotel room it, you get bored(jobs). I found a really good site that is free and you can learn any language.

Toast sounds good right now. Yeah I know marmalade ;D I've made that before, but the family prefers the peach.

How you doing?

12. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Good to see you back Gras. Missed you girl.