I Want Karma!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by PharmrJohn, Apr 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

yeah you'd think ! I redid all the soldering on the plug and added better wires, I think I may do the other side cymbal too before if fails !

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think I will go to Radio Shack and get the necessary stuff. Change out the port even.

4. 71sbeetle

71sbeetle Fire Shrimp

yeah the one that's on there is not too bad, I guess if you can get a gold plated one but then the plug on male plug is not, so I don't think it'll make that much of a difference. The circuit board they use is very heat sensitive too ....

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Well, I am dragging this thread out of the dungeons to brag about something else. For years, I have tried and failed at replacing the thermostat in my POS '91 Mercury Sable. It isn't like my other (older) vehicles where you just drop it on the gasket and tighten down. No. This one is on the side of the manifold. This time, the dude at NAPA sold me a spray on gasket glue like stuff (for lack of a better term) and it worked like a charm. First time.

Karma??????!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!

It even warranted a change in title. I am now the fixer of thermostats.

BTW, that is how bad I am at working on vehicles anymore. To be this proud of replacing a thermostat would have been embarassing 25 years ago!

2 people like this.
  6. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

If you could all find it in your hearts, I would like some karma as well....I will tell you why:

*Our car's transmission blew (which sucks because we work opposite shifts in two different cities)
    *When walking my Husky and Dachshund we got attacked by a small pitbull (I only had a small bite and it barely bled and luckily my two dogs were able to walk/limp away)
    *Just found out My ferret has cancer
    *I had a really bad asthma attack at work and passed out (I work in the Garden center of Walmart, called for help for over an hour but couldn't get anyone to come help me because they said it was "too hot to come out there")
    AND
    *I had to get rid of my two Cockatiels that I just got because Im allergic to birds...Found out the hard way.

2 people like this.
  7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

OK, you got it. When it rains it pours. A few months ago all three of our cars went down for the count. The tranny in my truck went bad, the Lumina's head gasket blew and my POS Sable had something go wrong with it.....cannot remember what. Probably a thermostat. And in a three day span of time.

8. Click Here!

9. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Aw that sucks. Thank you. Ours is a '99 ford Mustang and Im so mad at it for being a butt

10. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yeah...ours was a mini wake up call for me to get off my rear end and get my wife and kids a reliable car. I still drive a POS, but that is OK. If I break down, I can hoof it.....and I need the exercise anyway.

11. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Lol, the "If I break down, I can hoof it" part got me to laughing so hard I had a coughing fit. Im not sure why I thought that was so funny.
    I think I need to go to the Dr. It feels like I have fluid in my lungs ever since I stopped breathing and passed out at work on Wed.
    I literally kept paging for help and no one would come. I had a humongous line and I was the only person in my section of the store because all of our other associates decided they weren't gonna stay out there. It took a worried customer to ruin inside and call the cops because I had stopped sweating and I couldnt speak anymore.
    I got so ticked tho because the manager that came out to see what was going on smugly looked at me and said "you should have called for help!"

12. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

SHEESH! This sounds even worse when I read it back! I was so tired last night when I wrote it I didn't even realize how bad it sounded. :eek: