I think my wrasse got sucked into the skimmer

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Puffer Chick, Mar 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

He's a wrasse, they all jump. My guess is that he is either hiding in the rocks somewhere or jump. It takes a lot for a fish to get suck up into a pump. He could have gotten hurt by the intake or some other reason and could be hiding. As long as you checked everywhere then there's not much more you can do. I had my McCosker's jump into my overflow box so they can end up in weird places.

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Might just be hiding, My two wrasses dissapeared for 5 days, Came back out the last few days out of nowhere!

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

thanks i really hope is just hiding he was one of my favorite fish

i hope thats all it is. See funny you mention the McCoskers, i have one as well and he loves to nip at the intake's protection cup and i would of thought out of both wrasses he would of been the one who got sucked it but he was always fine, but for how big and strong my melanurs was, im really surprised, but everything is just leading to the skimmer just because of how it all of a sudden started acting up and now he is missing :(

alright now its dinner time be back in a few

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I could see it happening, but if it chopped him up, I would think there would more bio material in your tank and your fish and CUC would have gotten a nice meal.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i hope that will be the same for me

i did see white fleshy looking chunks floating around. And i can see why kacy has a thing about a even number of fish, looks soooo weird :( and i was laughing earlier today at him because he pooped earlier today and all of the fish were going at it thinking it was food and they would suck it up then spit it out and they would all do this at least 2 times each

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Fish have bad short term memory.

8. Click Here!

9. steph

steph Astrea Snail

Hopefully he will pop up somewhere in the tank. I have a firefish that will disappear for days, and Ill think he is gone, only for him to appear 5 days later like nothing happened. Good luck.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea they do

thanks for the encouragment. But im starting to see more and more bits of flesh chunks swimming throughout the water column :(

11. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

:(I don't know if it's any condolence but unless your intake pump is HUGE and the venturi prop is made of metal I seriously doubt your little friend was chopped into pieces. I've had a 1/4" nass jam up a 525gph SEIO super flow. If he did get pulled into the intake he no doubt suffered injury and if he's not in the skimmer or sump I'd like to believe he's hiding in your rockwork. I hate to say this but watch for unusual group meetings of your CUC. That's how I found my favorite fish when he disappeared for a few days.
    We get very attached to our fish. They become apart of us and each one has a personality it's own and traits that we love. Losing one is like losing a family member. I feel your pain and wish you the best.

12. steph

steph Astrea Snail

Ohhhh... Im so sorry. :(