I think my brain is dead

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Try this Tracy, Defrost a 1/4th - 1/3rd of an inch of silverside, The way I did this was let it sit in some warm water for about 20 minutes, then take your tweezers and grab hold, and put it near the brains mouth, verrrrrrrrrrrrry gently nudge it, IT doesnt take much to have the brain start to close on it, Once it realizes its food, BAM the tentacles come out and its toast :).

Thats what i would do, Though I dont know if you should leave it alone for the night or give it a small snack.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol no problem with jokes :D
    ok, i think ill leave it alone for the night and try it tomorrow

hahaha you forgot the I think tonights the night thread :D

4. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

lol.

Most brains need feeding - as well as bubbles, etc. People don't always get that. Chances are, if the feeders aren't coming out, it's quite weak. Not a good sign. The Tek should be enough, but if it has not eaten meaty foods for an extended period of time, that's not good, as the lower light provided by T5's in addition to no meaty food provides a less than ideal environment for that coral.

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok, ive been afraid to feed the corals after my last newbie misake after feeding the bubble, ill try again on both tomorrow night and try to make my brain's feeders come out

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

im still thinking the brain is a gonner, it hasnt changed, it will be 48hrs this evening,, and hopefully ill be able to get it to eat later this evening

7. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It doesn't look like it is dying. From the pics you posted, it just looks deflated. If you start to see a skeleton showing or the tissue receding, then start to worry. But IMO, it doesn't look bad at all. Give it some more time and see what happens.

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok i hope your right, its never deflated for this long, and usuallly when deflated it still moves around in the flow, but now its like rock solid and doesnt even budge

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea, but i hardly moved around my aquascape my brain was pretty much not affectd by it, still in one spot and the rock s are pretty much the same only thing is the zoa rock that i have leaning against the rocks in the back, but the part thats on the sand is still the same as it was before the reaquascape, so i dont think it should be affected by it

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea there might be enough room to move him, to another spot in the tank, its a much smaller spot but its at the opposite end of the tank. I usually test if something seems to be going wrong and so far everything has been going great, my birdsnest is loving its new spot, the bubble is always nice and open, no inverts, fish or shrimp have died and everything seems to be happy.

Of course with the exception of my brain, i have yet to loose anything in my tank and dont want to start now

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so i moved my brain to the opposite end of the tank in a small semi shaded spot as that was the only other spot in the sandbed. and i made sure it didnt touch air.

here are some pics from today under actinics after the move
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]