i think my 2 clownfish have velvet disease help??

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by crystal, Apr 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crystal

crystal Skunk Shrimp

well my last clown died this morning.i brought some invert safe treatment yesterday but i was too late, but i could not find him so my cleaner shrimp must have ate him.well i am pretty sure they had velvet disease so im going to leave the tank fishless with just the 2 cleaner shrimp and hermits for about 8-10 weeks so that the parasite hopefully can die off then i will purchase another clown and go from there.its all my fault if i never left my filter hose with out the right part they would have never got sucked in and could still be here now,but lesson learned.as my tank is just over 1 month old leaving it 8-10 weeks fishless will be good for the tank wont it???

as i only have the 2 hermits and 2 shrimp when and how much water shall i change??
    originally before the clowns died i done 10% every week-2 weeks sometimes.

2. Click Here!

3. hasek1639

hasek1639 Fire Shrimp

it was for sure not velvet i had it and lost 100% of my fish to it about a year ago. and you can tell velvet by the fish getting cover in a white film and then there gills close up and they die. its not a nice thing at all:-[. sorry about your loses:-[