I think I may have done something bad

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by yptozmy, May 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. yptozmy

yptozmy Bristle Worm

lol, I have 2 Freshwater tanks set up, and a Saltwater tank, and a temporary goldfish bowl while I set up another Goldfish tank..... honestly, I would have to stick them into a very small bowl...I do have a power head and a heater... but since its like 90 degrees here day and night, i'm not sure if its neccessary.

Do you think they will die in a small bowl for 2 days? You have no idea how stressed I am over this... :(

2. Click Here!

3. stoney waters

stoney waters Fire Shrimp

if they are not bothering the other fish id leave them in their till tu. than catch them..they are not going to get to the small clown sense he is in a basket on the side anyhow.

4. yptozmy

yptozmy Bristle Worm

Do you think the clown will be alright in a small container though? I mean...if it was a fry it'd be one thing... but its bigger than a fry... :\

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Leave him in the basket until he starts acting normal and you can get him eating. Then depending on how close that is to Tuesday, you can decide whether the clown can or can't stay in the basket until Tuesday when you get the damsels out.

6. yptozmy

yptozmy Bristle Worm

Alright, I'm taking your word... I hope he doesn't die from the stress of something that small.... I'll let you know what has happened on Tuesday :\

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Well, gee, that's a lot of pressure! Do what feels right to you, we are just offering opinions.

8. Click Here!

9. yptozmy

yptozmy Bristle Worm

Haha, but honestly, i trust everyone's opinion over my own... so don't worry! :)

10. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

yptozmy

if the worse happens and the fish does not make it until Tuesday, it will be more related to the original incident than to any actions you have taken

many fish are isolated in small containers or partitioned in small troughs at LFS the world over , even large fish are kept like this for short periods to prevent them fighting with their own kind in large tanks
    many shops for example may have tomato clowns in partitions or floating plastic containers if they recieved more than they have tanks to accomodate

the fish is better off where it is now, as its protected
    than it was before
    IMHO

Steve

11. JayTropical

JayTropical Purple Spiny Lobster

i had this same issue, my first fish was a 4 stripe damsel, and when i went to add my second fish (a false clown) the 4 stripe terrorized it, i was instantly in love with the clown fish, so unfortunately the 4 stripe had to go. since then i never got another damsel.

ive learned if you do get a damsel, have it be the last fish you add so it does not have a chance to become territorial before the other fish have already established territory and a pecking order.

and one more thing, 6 fish inside of a 25g is a bit to many, that in itself may be stressful to the fish. so i vote getting rid of atleast 2 of the damsels aswell, maybe 3, leaving only 1 blue damsel.

goodluck.

12. CoralQueen

CoralQueen Feather Duster

hate to say it but i have to agree. i don't even have that many fish in my 40 breeder, but good job on getting advice from 3reefers about this situation rather than just blindly taking action. i know when i ask about things i am worried about it always puts me at least a little bit at ease :)