I think I am out

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Robman, Mar 24, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

They have a heater and a lot of surface movement for 02 exchange.

2. Click Here!

3. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Good luck. when the fish get that sick I don;t like stressing them out by chasing them around the tank but hard to say what the right move is. Good luck

4. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Well more bad news....Came down this morning, and did not see the clown in the hospital Pico tank. Found him on the kitchen counter, He jumped out of a covered tank through a hole the size of a dime where the heater went through the top. Now all that is left is my 1 Pajama Cardinal. The transition is now confirmed. I will keep the Card in the pico, and condense the three fresh into the 150. Still in shock how fast things took a turn for the worst.

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

:( so sorry for your losses Robman. What type of freshwater tank will you have when you condense them down to one?

6. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

So sorry for your lose man. I hate it when I see fish jump.

7. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

What a bummer, sorry about your decision to no go with a SW tank, but I do understand.

Maybe you'll get the itch again

8. Click Here!

9. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Well I wanted to do a freshwater planted tank, but I have joined other forums like this one, and found that metal halides don't work well in planted tanks...they just grow algea. I think I will keep the stuff I have in the 3 tanks I am converting. Just plastic plants, rocks etc. I have a 75, 70, and a 35 I am going to condense. As far as my Cardinal, I want to try to nurse him back to health and have my neighbor adopt him. The last issue I have, is that I just bought a clean up crew from John, and they are all ok. Don't want to just kill them, don't have an answer right now. This will take place over this 3 day weekend so decisions have to be made fast.

10. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Not that anyone here is fond of freshwater....I will post pics after the changeover

11. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Come on now, some, probably most either started in FW, or still have a FW also.
    I had FW tanks, the usual supsects- cichlids, Oscars, Jack Dekpseys, HUGE Plecos, etc.

I for one, and I'm sure most everyone else also, have no problem with FW.

Stink around, get the vibe back with your FW, who know, maybe we'll even give you the SW itch again!

12. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

You had better posts some pics of the swap over.

I am a HUGE fan of FW tanks. Don't really care what kind, they are always fun and exciting..... well almost, I can't stand Betas.

I still have hopes of setting up another tank when my upgrade is completed. I have toyed with the idea of turning my 150 into a planted tank. I need your setup for some good ideas :)