I think I am out

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Robman, Mar 24, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Robman, so sorry for your losses. I truly feel for you bud. It must be hard. I just lost one fish I've had for4 years and that was tough enough. I hope you stick with it and this passes. I wish you the best and again I'm sorry for your losses.

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Best advice on the thread!:)

4. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

Ik just how you fell. I had a 55 all was fine all parameter where fine and I had 2 clowns 4 damsels and 2 chromis all but one blue damsel and my yellow and black stripe chromis died and that tank is still up and I just set up another tank now I'm going on to do another build.

I'm so sorry for your losses and completely understand if you give up but just don't sell anything out of greif. You may want to come back .

5. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Thank you.

6. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

No...I wont sell...as stated earlier in the thread, I think for awhile I will convert my other 3 into this 150 as freshwater for awhile. It will take a lot of maintenance off of my shoulders, and then may return to salt. I am truly passionate about this hobby, I think I just need a break.

7. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

You are truly correct...Yes I will miss it. But I will not sell, because I know I will return. I was maintaining 7 tanks at one time, now down to 4. (3 fresh, and the 150 salt). I think I will try to condense the 3 fresh into the 150...Maybe even try a planted tank. I know I will return to salt someday, so having all the equipment will make that decision easier when the time comes. Thanks for the input, and God Bless!!!:)

8. Click Here!

9. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Thanks bud!;)

10. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Thanks for all the kind words, and no, I am not leaving the forum. I know that this will make some happy, and some wishing I would leave. I can be controversial at times, but know that if I hurt some feelings, it was to spark good debate, and arrive at solutions. I believe that good debate is healthy, even when some feelings get hurt. BTW I am down to just the Clown Fish....He is hanging in there, but don't think he has long. I will hate to see him die, as I have had him for 6 yrs, and cannot catch him to re-home him into a smaller healthy tank. Besides, there is something to be said for letting him pass in the home he has always known, or putting him in a 5-10 gallon tank, just for my enjoyment.

11. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

I know in happy your going to stay. I like the controversy that you arise. It's fun when it not me your dropping the ball on. I think we all know your not here to cause problems or any drama. We are all (at least most) here for the same reason. It's terrible what your going through and I cannot relate completely but I feel for you. I know you want the best for your clown and I hope he pulls through. I wish you luck in all the decisions made and I'm glad your going to stick with us.
    Thank you for all your help, knowledge and friendship you've given.

12. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Last ditch effort....I filled my old 3 gal pico with ro water and mixed a quick batch of saltwater. All of the sudden I saw my cardinal. Took almost an hour of chsing the clown around a 150 gal tank to catch him, but they are both in a hospital tank with SG at 1.017. Lights are out, and I hope they make it. This is all I an do. If they make it, I will give the two of them the 35 gallon I am trading with them. Wish them luck!