I think I am out

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Robman, Mar 24, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

I know, but I am out of patience and money. I always thought that I had a good handle on things...this has broken my spirit.

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

This stuff happens to everyone at some point. HLLE is Head and Lateral Line Disease and is pretty common in Tangs and a few other species. Selcon just has a little more OOMPH that garlic with some essential proteins and fatty acids.

UV can kill alot of bacteria and some viruses too. How many watts is your unit and flow rate. That has a huge affect on the microbial smack down potential. At this point I would assume a virus. Like IbFishy I love 7 clams in a short period with no obvious parasite activity.

4. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

I am running an 18w Coralife Turbo twist. Been running so long, I don't remember the flow rate, but it is what they recommended. Just put in a new bulb when I restarted in Jan. That was one of the re-start costs.

5. SyntheticBreed

SyntheticBreed Feather Duster

It's never fun when this happens. I had a gentlemen come into my store today talking about the death of his 20 year old hippo tang. It's sad when things like this happen and I truly feel for you.

6. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Thank you...I really appreciate you responding. This is a really hard decision. I put my heart, soul, and time into this.

7. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

Just ask yourself - will you miss it? does the aquarium when running and all things are good - does it give you happiness?

if the answer is yes - don't give up
    if the answer is no just break it down and sell it. And use the $ to start up something that will bring you happiness.

just IMO - you have a ton of knowledge to share - so don't leave the forum :)

8. Click Here!

9. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Sorry about the tank troubles, Rob. :(

10. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I too am sorry to hear Robman.

Is there a parameter way off, like alk, Nitrates, ammonia, NItrites?

11. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

That is the worst part, All tests are showing perfect.

12. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

Is there anything that you could be adding by accident to the water? For example, using a bucket that once housed chlorine to do water changes? I know that's extreme but if you have anyone else in the house (like a cleaning lady) that might not know any better, odd things can happen.