I think I am out

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Robman, Mar 24, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Thanks...I actually have learned the same things over the years, that keeping your hands out, and letting Mother Nature do her things is best. I just did not expect it to be so bad at 3 months. I will probably give it another go later, but right now just need a breather. Thanks for your post. BTW...The folks here at 3reef are the best!!!!:)

2. Click Here!

3. Nuebie

Nuebie Peppermint Shrimp

I just lost three fish due to unknowns as well. In 24 hours I lost my Powder Blue tang, Royal gramma, and clown. Had not done really anything to the system in a month minus water changes and replacing gfo. I'm just as sad. Sorry for your losses.
    For now I'm not going to do anything for two months but add a coral or two and keep up with water changes.

Give it a few days before you do anything you may regret. My only advise I can give. Once again.. Sorry for your losses

4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Guess they won't. Problem comes from stressed incompatible fish that eventually lose their ability to fight of disease (Parasitic, bacterial, or viral) and incubate them so to speak so that the concentration of pathogens can then attack healthier fish.

5. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Yeah....I was very sorry about that statement I made to you, it was uncalled for, and a night that I had a really bad day. I guess Karma caught up to me. I hope that you will let that one go. On the flipside, I never had the issue happen before, so I was just speaking from experience, and don't know if this is the actual problem. Hope that you will accept my apologies.

1 person likes this.
  6. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Thanks

7. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

Sorry to hear of the loss. Have you considered keeping a more reef style tank with less fish? I find fish & unknown reasons a lil to hard to deal with. I've gone more reef than fish with my latest tank. But either way Robman I hope you the best in whatever you decide to accomplish.

8. Click Here!

9. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Have you tried soaking food in Selcon. I've found the aminos and vitamins are damn near miraculous in dealing with tangs and aother delicate fish. I would also consider trying a UV sterilizer. I understand that they are a lightning rod on forums, but used appropriately they reduce the amount of pathogens to a level that will not affect other fish as effectively.

Both of these methods have assisted me with Ick, bacterial infections of fins and eyes, and HLLE. Only the HLLE ever shows up, the others were all in the 3 months when I transferred my tanks into the 125g.

10. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

I am already running U.V....It is not Ich. I have examined the fish I have lost, and definitely no white spots. That is what is so frustrating. All that is left is the Clown. He is acting strange, but still looks like he has a chance. I have added garlic, but to no avail. If my Clown makes it till next week, I will set him up in a new tank. Thanks for excusing the nasty post I left you!

11. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

12. DevinH

DevinH Montipora Capricornis

Rob i've honestly lost more fish than I care to talk about, even now a year in I still have lost fish just recently, but that's my way of learning. Don't let it discourage you. Just think of when your friends can come over you can gloat about how much money you have in the tank, secretly keeping it to yourself that most of that went down the toilet, literally..LOL