I suck at aquascaping-camera lessons yay! new scape #26

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by oldfishkeeper, Jun 21, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

this is a great idea! I'll bet you've aqauscaped a corner tank before ;)

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

FWIW, I've changed my scape more times than I can count in 2 years of reefing, in my teeny tiny biocube 14. But for me, aquascaping is my second favorite part of this hobby, (next to the livestock aspect), because it can be like an art form.

What are the dimensions of your tank?

I always say, find a style you like, and try to recreate it, until you're happy, keeping in mind coral placement and fish/invert needs. I too went through not wanting to get rid of any live rock, especially because it was SOOOO expensive, but I was able to break some of the bigger, more purple pieces, and toss what I didn't need.

4. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

Yep,they can be a challenge,as any tank can for that matter.I have been making some minor changes as my nem has decided to go on walkabout and move himself to the top of the rockwork where I have a couple sps frags.Figures,he never moved before I had those.BTW,I don't know why my computer keeps underlining things in red,kind of computer stupid Oh wow the red lines went away when I clicked post.

5. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

If you have many branching or other corals that will be tall the scape will end up very different.

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

OFK,

The pic looks good! and I'm sure your new scape looks even better!

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

And this wall thing. What? there are NO ROCK WALLS with caves in the ocean? C'mon!

I constantly slightly change my scape, had to do it today to find a lost frag that had fallen behind my rockwork! Found that frag though- it was a orange branching Monti- hope it pulls thru!

Your scape looks fine.

My scape is like Tx weather: If you don't like it, wait 15minutes, it'll change!

7. oldfishkeeper

This is a very interesting point...hmmm.....that could help decide my coral choices.....so, are you a brainiac 1.0? ;)

Good point Todd and thx for saying it looked good. Well, in Ohio and probably Texas we say, well if it's not really hot and humid, wait 15 minutes and it will get worse:)

HA! My first multi-quote post. I'm easily impressed lol

8. Click Here!

9. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

I've been known to be intelligent lol
    I took time on my sps dominant portion of the scape, but mostly placement, not shape.
    In the zoa, chalice, and other encrusting coral portion I put a lot of time shaping it.

10. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

lol, my first multi-quote came my second week on the forums. When I first started reading your post, my first thought was "I will take some of that live rock off your hands." but that is not practical, lol. After seeing the scape that you posted I thought it looked good. You may be able to put a bridge over the middle. My thought is you can bring the edges of the wall in a bit and add the bridge over the center. But I bet your scape you have already done is awesome looking too.

1 person likes this.
  11. oldfishkeeper

Such nice comments zgetman!

12. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

Thank you, oldfishkeeper. I only post from the heart :p